Kalisiin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd really like a PDA sort of application for my NDS...and I do NOT want DSOrganize, because I've heard bad things about it screwing up your MicroSD card. Probably because of all the extra stuff on it that are Internet based, and I don't want, anyway.

Basically, I want a very stable, and stripped-down version of DS Organize, one that would include ONLY the following things...

1. Daily Planner/Scheduler
2. Calculator
3. Address Book
4. Phone Book
5. World Time Zones (this should feed off internal clock...have a list of major cities, and what time it is there)
6. A place to take notes (preferably in type, rather than jot notes)

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE!!

I don't want all the internet applications I won't use like IRC client, browser, Twitter stuff, none of that. I think it is THAT stuff that probably breaks the cards, anyway.

What I want is a very simple, scheduler/day planner, and address/phone book type application, with no other confusing, un-needed, and possibly card-wrecking extras.

Can anyone help me out with this?

EDIT: Basically, what I am looking for is a DSOrganize (Bare Bones Version)

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Huh? Were did you get the idea that DSOrganize does that? It never did that for me. You know, your probably hearing it from people with bad carts. As long as you don't have some sort of clone, it should work fine. Otherwise, you would have to use multiple applications for that.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i think hes talking about dsorganize 3.2,3.2 is unstable,which causes corruption of the card,if you use 3.1,you should be safe especially if you don't use any internet apps

Burnedmagix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yah, just get a stable DSorganize, that won't screw up cards.
And just ignore the internet/other apps you don't want.

Kalisiin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
lolzed said:
i think hes talking about dsorganize 3.2,3.2 is unstable,which causes corruption of the card,if you use 3.1,you should be safe especially if you don't use any internet apps
That's what I'm talking about. I saw it in the comments that someone's card got screwed up with the DSOrganize program...and it sounded to me like it was because he tried to use some of the Internet applications...stuff I don't even want.

That's why I wanted to know if there was a STABLE...and preferably bare-bones vrsion of DSOrganize out there that doesn't even HAVE the stupid Internet applications I do not want or need, anyway.

I suppose I COULD get 3.1 if it's stable and just ignore the Internet apps...but, if it isn't too much trouble, I'd just like someone to reprogram that one to just take out the Internet apps altogether, I don't even want them to be POSSIBLE, ya know?

anyway, wait and see if the author or someone else is willing to do a stripped-down version, a bare-bones version, with just the stuff I want and none of the crud I don't...or if anyone could tell me how I get into the source, and where I find the programming necessary to just do it myself, to take out the stuff I don't want.

I just want to be sure I'm not gonna screw my card.
I have it all backed up on my computer, but that isn't the point. I just don't want to deal with the aggravation of having a card GET screwed in the first place.

EDIT: looked into 3.1 DSOrganize, and that "To Do List" looks like a good thing to have, too.
But I'd still, if possible, like a "No Internet Applications" version of this if it's possible.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
What I do know is that there is a source code for DSOrganize. Your free to edit it if you'd like. (It would take some programming knowledge) You can't just command people to "Make me a homebrew".

Well, anyways, try googling. Good luck, mate.

sparky28000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Learn how to code and make your own
biggrin.gif

Kalisiin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
KingdomBlade said:
What I do know is that there is a source code for DSOrganize. Your free to edit it if you'd like. (It would take some programming knowledge) You can't just command people to "Make me a homebrew".

Well, anyways, try googling. Good luck, mate.

Ummm, I was not "commanding" anything. I was ASKING.
And I even did ask how I might go about getting hold of the source code and a few instructions so that I could TRY to maybr do my own.

Why must you be so nasty?

I only know how to program in PhP....I know this isn't TOO different from C...but, again, I could maybe use a little help if anyone was willing. Again, please note I am ASKING...not "demanding"

So don't be a jerk.

P.S. Incidentally, I'd likely be willing to PAY someone who made exactly what I wanted. As long as it was stable, worked, and did exactly what I wanted, and nothing I didn't want.

Why do some people always assume the worst in other people? It really pisses me off.

Kalisiin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
KingdomBlade said:
The source is at his website.

http://www.dragonminded.com/?loc=ndsdev/DSOrganize

Again, if you would like to know how to program, try googling, since one site can't give you all you'll need.

As I said, good luck buddy.
Thanks.
But please tell me why some of you guys who are experienced must be so rotten and rude to newcomers who want to learn? You know, there WAS a time when YOU, too, were new, and needed some help to learn...you weren't fucking BORN knowing this shit, so gimme a break, okay?

I'm self-taught in PhP...I learned by finding and modifying other programs to do things I wanted them to do. I'd say at this point my skills in PhP are probably intermediate, but I am able to do most things I want to do with it.

But I have never done anything with NDS.

Everyone had to start SOMEWHERE, so, for God's sake, don't be so goddam rude and mean to new people. Like I said, you weren't fucking born knowing how to do this stuff, so why you must be rude to people who ask for a little help is beyond me...YOU had to ask someone, once, for help...and probably got some help, which is probably how YOU learned.

So why not help out a newcomer instead of being, basically, an ass?

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I don't know anything much about programming myself. I was simply saying, that you should try it out for yourself. It was only one phrase and you hit me back with 11 paragraphs. Ouch.

Most newcomers here are horrible. That's why I often get annoyed with them. Sorry if I might have offended you.

Kalisiin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
KingdomBlade said:
I don't know anything much about programming myself. I was simply saying, that you should try it out for yourself. It was only one phrase and you hit me back with 11 paragraphs. Ouch.

Most newcomers here are horrible. That's why I often get annoyed with them. Sorry if I might have offended you.

No, it's okay. I was in a pissy mood, anyway, when I wrote all that shit.
I was at work, and very henpecked at the time, if you know what I mean.

No harm, no foul, we're good.

But, seriously, I DID ask...never "demanded" anything.

Was just hoping to get a bit of help towards getting what I'm actually looking for.

But we're cool. Apology accepted, okay?

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Kalisiin said:
No, it's okay. I was in a pissy mood, anyway, when I wrote all that shit.No shit.
Kalisiin said:
Don't want to start anything, really. But to be honest, it really didn't sound like it.
QUOTE(Kalisiin @ Sep 6 2009, 03:41 PM)
But I'd still, if possible, like a "No Internet Applications" version of this if it's possible.
Sorry. If you did a bit of searching, you'd find that it's been discontinued.

Kalisiin, I hope you take a break from this site if you're feeling pissy again, because it seems you're getting hostile at people for no reason at all. I didn't see how KingdomBlade was being "nasty" at all. He even ended his post saying good luck. Unless you're talking about the "commanding people" comment. And that wasn't even much.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've never had any trouble relating to internet apps in DSOrganize, my card just gets corrupted every couple of months. I think the worst thing to do is to copy a file, and then not paste it anywhere. DSOrganize 3.1 is perfectly stable, you can just move all the internet apps to the second page, and dont go on the second page if you want.

Kalisiin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
I've never had any trouble relating to internet apps in DSOrganize, my card just gets corrupted every couple of months. I think the worst thing to do is to copy a file, and then not paste it anywhere. DSOrganize 3.1 is perfectly stable, you can just move all the internet apps to the second page, and dont go on the second page if you want.

Well, then I'll probably give that a try for now, anyway.

Kalisiin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
benjaminlibl said:
Kalisiin said:
Don't want to start anything, really. But to be honest, it really didn't sound like it.
Kalisiin said:
What I want is a very simple, scheduler/day planner, and address/phone book type application, with no other confusing, un-needed, and possibly card-wrecking extras.

Can anyone help me out with this?
Wow...that sounds like commanding, and not asking to me, too...that's why there's even a QUESTION MARK at the end of what I "demanded!!"
But, no, I didn't ask...(sarcasm)

No, what was NOT asked for was for YOU to stick YOUR oar in these waters if all you're going to do is be a nasty little basterd. If there is one thing I hate, above all else...it is people who put words into my mouth that I did not say...or ascribe meaning/context to words I did say...that is not there (in other words,,,I really hate people who take my words out of context and twist them to fit their own sick needs so that they can then feel free to spray a mouthful of venom at someone they maybe don't like.)

How about you just go piss up a rope, dude? (and that was also ASKING...more sarcasm!!)

Kalisiin said:
QUOTE(benjaminlibl @ Sep 6 2009, 10:05 AM)
Sorry. If you did a bit of searching, you'd find that it's been discontinued.

Yeah, I sorta figured that out for myself. first possibly helpful or useful thing you have yet to contribute to this discussion, wiseass.

Posts merged

QUOTE(benjaminlibl @ Sep 6 2009, 10:05 AM)
Kalisiin, I hope you take a break from this site if you're feeling pissy again, because it seems you're getting hostile at people for no reason at all. I didn't see how KingdomBlade was being "nasty" at all. He even ended his post saying good luck. Unless you're talking about the "commanding people" comment. And that wasn't even much.

No, I hope YOU take a break from this site, because YOU are someone who is MAKING me pissy, by basically being a royal jerk towards me for no good reason!

I think I have every reason to be upset when someone puts words into my mouth I did not say...or someone who twists my words out of context to mean things I never said or meant...that stuff really pisses me off, royally...and I WILL react to it when someone does it.

And if you don't like that, well, then, don't fucking do that to me ever again.

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Kalisiin said:
Wow...that sounds like commanding, and not asking to me, too...that's why there's even a QUESTION MARK at the end of what I "demanded!!"
But, no, I didn't ask...(sarcasm)
Fair enough.
Kalisiin said:
No, what was NOT asked for was for YOU to stick YOUR oar in these waters if all you're going to do is be a nasty little basterd. If there is one thing I hate, above all else...it is people who put words into my mouth that I did not say...or ascribe meaning/context to words I did say...that is not there (in other words,,,I really hate people who take my words out of context and twist them to fit their own sick needs so that they can then feel free to spray a mouthful of venom at someone they maybe don't like.)I can see you have some issues. I certainly don't get a kick out of "taking your words out of context and twisting them to fit my own sick needs." I certainly don't harbor feelings of animosity towards you, but it seems you do, towards the whole of humankind. It's like you think everyone is out to get you. They're not. I'm not. Stop getting mad at every possible thing.

Also, I don't know why you assume so quickly that I dislike you. I don't even know you. I've never talked to you, with the possible exception of the SNES emulator thread you made, and that doesn't even count. What's up?
Kalisiin said:
Yeah, I sorta figured that out for myself. first possibly helpful or useful thing you have yet to contribute to this discussion, wiseass.
I'm not sure how that makes me a wiseass. I figured you didn't know, which is why I pointed it out. If it's been discontinued for this long, what makes you think that the author will just pick it up again and decide to code it for YOU? I'm not trying to be offensive, just real.
QUOTE(Kalisiin @ Sep 7 2009, 04:18 AM)
No, I hope YOU take a break from this site, because YOU are someone who is MAKING me pissy, by basically being a royal jerk towards me for no good reason!And if you don't like that, well, then, don't fucking do that to me ever again.
Really, I fail to see how I "took your words out of context." I didn't even quote you and edit it so it sounded like you were being demanding. Maybe I misunderstood you. But I didn't try and make you look bad in any way.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
She won't listen to reason. If you've said anything that she doesn't agree with, understand, or want, you get bitched at through a wall of text that basically repeats the same point for 4 paragraphs, each time less effectively than the last. It gets infuriating, so save yourself the trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: +2