Hacking Is it possible to view total playtime on a hacked Wii?

Godamit

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What I mean is when I play one of my legitimate games it adds a nice note to the wii message board showing my total playtime for each game as well as the total playtime in a single day. Is it possible to get some similar feature working for the games I have stored on my HDD?

Thanks for any help.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, but with a limitations.
I don't know in other USBloaders, so I'll speak only for USBloaderGX:

In order to register the play time, the Wii write a temporary file when you launch a game from the Disc Channel with the current time and current title.
When you reload the System menu by exiting the game, it checks if the file exists and compare the temporary file's informations with the current time to find the play time.
It then write that "played time" and "title name" into the Wii's board.

This process is done by the Wii System Menu only.

Now, when you are using USBloader GX:
There's an option to write the temporary file with the current time and current launched title.
If you want to register your real play time, you have to always exit the game to the system menu.

If you are using the option to "return to" the USBloader when exiting the game, you will never go back to the system menu and the Wii will never write the log to the message board.

If you exit from the USBLoader to the system menu after playing multiple games using the "return to USBloader" option, it will only register the last played game.

So, you can't see your past "played time" if you never set this option.
It will start log it once you start using it.
You need to always exit to system menu for that option to work correctly (don't use the "return to" patch, and don't switch off the console while in a game).

Reactions: joshiors

Godamit

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ahh, that most likely explains it. I did turn on "return to UBS Loader GX" as well as return to HBC for configurable usb loader (cfg).
I don't really need that feature anymore as when I've played my Wii lately it was a session specifically for a single game. Guess I'll test things with those settings turned off.

Thanks for the help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    WPiso @ WPiso: m