ROM Hack Is it possible to use a Translation patch on official game cartridge?

gg132

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Was thinking of importing a copy of Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem (And maybe Mother 3). Is there any way I'd be able to do so?

Butterhands

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm interested too. I think could be possible using a GBA flash card or special GBA cartridge with the patch via NDS SLOT2 or an homebrew in the 3DS to play the patch, that will be a reversible patch.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
For Mother 3, use Lunar IPS to get patch the game rom, then convert from a .gba rom to a CIA file and install (I could send you the one I made but it's illegal so you should make yours, it's not hard). That's what I did and it worked great! Leaving the Mother 3 translation files as attachment to make it easier for you. I don't know about the regular DS games though... You probably will need to do something more complicated to get those to work.

Attachments

• MOTHER3_EarthBound2_English_v1.1.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 264

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
. . . this is the nds section not 3ds
Sorry, but same thing for the patch, but you need flashcard most likely... You patch them as roms first, then import them, highly doubt it's possible to patch cartridges (at least without opening them up and replacing internal files).

Reactions: wormdood

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-