Is it possible to uninstall CFW?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by theasker, Dec 19, 2015.

1. theasker
    OP

theasker GBAtemp Regular

Jun 10, 2009
    Hello guys, i'm just wondering if it's possible to uninstall CFW to start all over again of the whole gateway process etc etc.. Because i think i messed up at some point when i followed the guide.

Should i just remove and format everything on the SD card?

NoNAND likes this.
  2. NoNAND

NoNAND GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 22, 2015
    Ireland
    Pikachu City
    Simply go to system settings settings and format system memory. Don't remove your SD card,otherwise it'll unlink your NANDs

3. theasker
    OP

theasker GBAtemp Regular

Jun 10, 2009
    What happens if i unlink my NANDs?:shy:
    My Nintendo 2DS is new, i haven't even played a game on it yet:lol:

NoNAND likes this.
  4. NoNAND

NoNAND GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 22, 2015
    Ireland
    Pikachu City
    If you unlink your nands then they are independent form each other and what you do in sysNAND won't affect emuNAND. And also there will be two folders in inside the Nintendo 3DS folder. One is for sysNAND the other for emuNAND.

5. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Which is something you could want though. But for resetting and starting over, just format your device in settings

If you happen to own a n3ds just follow my guide in the signature, it will lead you to a fully working cfw that autoboots

6. theasker
    OP

theasker GBAtemp Regular

Jun 10, 2009
    Ahh I see, but wouldn't that be better if I want to start all over again?
    After following the tutorial in this forum I have learned how "create" 2 folders which is the sysNAND and the EmuNAND.
    So creating those two folder won't be any problems.

Thanks you! I think I will do that :)
    Sorry I only have the 2DS :(
    Is it still possible to autoboot rxTools, if you update the EmuNAND to the latest version (10.3)?
    Or will it only work if we have 9.0-9.2?

Last edited by theasker, Dec 19, 2015
  7. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    You need to be on 9.0 to 9.2 on n3ds to install a cfw, or at least do it after my guide. Emunand version has nothing to do with it. Yes you can absolutely have autoboot, it should even work for your 2ds with the relevant steps in my tutorial.

8. theasker
    OP

theasker GBAtemp Regular

Jun 10, 2009
    Thanks i will do that. However i just bought a new SDHC card that have 32GB instead of 4GB.
    Should i still format everything? Or is everything installed in the SD card?

Sweet! I will check that out since it's annoying to manually boot rxTools all the time.