Homebrew Is it possible to run and function Cleanup via Letterbomb on 4.3U?

Lord Fawful

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You see I have a friend who doesn't want to install homebrew but wants to rip his Brawl and Melee iso's so that he can use Melee/Project M net play respectively. I had done some research my original idea was to run it via smash stack but since it's a boot.dol it wouldn't work. So after finding that Letterbomb could execute .dol files I had hope.

But the CleanRip page on WiiBrew.org directly states that it will only run if HBC is installed. So then would it fail or work as normal? I don't see why it wouldn't... It says it can rip discs without any CIOS but needs HBC installed, and fill me in if I'm missing something but I'm sure that HBC does not create anything on the wii that assists Homebrew programs and allows them to load, just acts as an easy way to boot them.
If not, is there any way to rip iso's off of GC/Wii disc without the need for
homebrew?

Last edited by Lord Fawful,

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You see I have a friend who doesn't want to install homebrew but wants to rip his Brawl and Melee iso's so that he can use Melee/Project M net play respectively. I had done some research my original idea was to run it via smash stack but since it's a boot.dol it wouldn't work. So after finding that Letterbomb could execute .dol files I had hope.

But the CleanRip page on WiiBrew.org directly states that it will only run if HBC is installed. So then would it fail or work as normal? I don't see why it wouldn't... It says it can rip discs without any CIOS but needs HBC installed, and fill me in if I'm missing something but I'm sure that HBC does not create anything on the wii that assists Homebrew programs and allows them to load, just acts as an easy way to boot them.
If not, is there any way to rip iso's off of GC/Wii disc without the need for
homebrew?
Just use the homebrew channel, you'll have an easier time that way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over