1. doha057

OP doha057 Member
    Newcomer

Bangladesh
    I mean I am glad that 3DS vc injection runs every GBA games with 100% accuracy, and there are other emulators like mGBA still getting updates periodically. But for purely linking functions, I think My Boy! for Android OS is the best GBA emulator ever designed. Since it can run on any Android phones, New 3DS is strong!! I think it could handle it. Btw I have no programming knowledge so it was just a curiosity.

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

United States
    No

doha057 and Japermen like this.
  3. doha057

OP doha057 Member
    Newcomer

Bangladesh
    Okay :hateit::cry:

4. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Italy
    Sure, it is possible to port the actual emulation logic (I doubt it makes sense to port Android style filesystem access, eh?) - of course, that requires source code and willpower

doha057 likes this.
  5. doha057

OP doha057 Member
    Newcomer

Bangladesh
    Wouldn't that be awesome, like real linking functions using 3DS WiFi? Like Nes virtual console

6. Ryccardo

Italy
    Not that much - real GBA hardware can be found everywhere and you can't be more accurate than that, while relatively accurate GBA emulators on more appropriate platforms (PCs) have existed for years :)

Besides, if the goal is just to get multiplayer support, it's probably a more efficient choice to add it in an existing emulator (especially as I think mGBA has it in the PC version!)

doha057 likes this.
  7. spectral

spectral GBAtemp Fan

You're also overestimating the power of the N3DS. It is significantly faster than the O3DS but it is in no way "strong".

zfreeman and doha057 like this.
  8. doha057

OP doha057 Member
    Newcomer

Bangladesh
    VBA is my most favorite emulator because of the hours I have spent with it, gpsp next because of PSP. I know what I am asking is redundant, I mean if Nintendo wanted, they could easily implement it on their own legit VC just like GB, GBC and NES vc. There is even an IR port in 3DS which I think was never used ever. The reason I was talking about My Boy! is because its probably the only GBA emulator where they actually focused on link function, before that it was VBA link and no$gba.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Probably, since I don't have knowledge over hardware either, so I was like comparing 3DS with a smartphone.

9. spectral

spectral GBAtemp Fan

Its many times weaker than pretty much any smartphone when it comes to CPU performance, which is what matters most in emulation.

doha057 likes this.
  10. Dartz150

Dartz150 Hat Gurl Official Fan™

Mexico
    If you are looking for the wireless multiplayer functions, you should check out GBARunner2 by @Gericom . It is not entirely an emulator but an hypervisor which runs GBA code in NDS mode, and there is a build that suports "NiFi" (The wireless function of the NDS) that emulates wireless multiplayer (AKA Link Cable). Currently is on a very good state with many features and great compatibility, and is stil uner development so you can expect improvement as time passes.

ChibiMofo and doha057 like this.
  11. doha057

OP doha057 Member
    Newcomer

Bangladesh
    Thanks for clearing that up :grog:

12. Ryccardo

Italy
    It's used in the Pokemon games as an optional convenience for selecting a local player (just as it was done in their DSi predecessors by including the hardware in the gamecard), which... well, isn't much, but better than the PSP 1000 :P

(The tables flip when unofficial uses are considered)

doha057 likes this.
  13. doha057

OP doha057 Member
    Newcomer

Bangladesh
    Ahh I see, they were very humble at supporting older stuff weren't they :bow:

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - possible, emulator, Android