Is it possible to launch emuNAND without using Gateway?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Mike.Simonetti, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Mike.Simonetti
    OP

Mike.Simonetti Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2014
    Italy
    Basically I have 2 3ds, one is a new 3ds on 9.0 and the other is a 3ds XL on 4.5. I set the gateway on the new 3ds using Cubic Ninja. So I was wondering if I can set and launch an emuNAND on the XL, to install .CIAs, without using gateway.
    And if not, is there any other way I can do this?

2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    No, and no, only Free solution is for old 3ds's and is limited to 4.x only, gateway is the only public emunand for n3ds's

3. guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Nov 9, 2014
    Croatia
    Grand Line
    Well you cannot enter emunand without a GW card but once you're in you are free to remove the Red card and enable emunand for all the consoles your heart desires. The downside of this is of course the fact that you're gonna need to enable emunand on every power cycle with the red card.

4. Mike.Simonetti
    OP

Mike.Simonetti Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2014
    Italy
    alright so that would be a solution.
    What about the CFW what does it allow to do?

5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    Sorry I would of said that I assumed you where trying to find some sort of free route to play roms on the n3ds without buying a gateway card, which is not possible

The free cfw is not recommended, it's buggy, not compatible with newer games, and a pita to set up, if you have a gateway card just do as guitar hero said and share the red card between the. To enable gateway mode then you can just install CIA files and use them so both systems can be playing games at the same time using just the 1 gateway card

cvskid likes this.
  6. Mike.Simonetti
    OP

Mike.Simonetti Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2014
    Italy
    Alright I'll do it that way, thank you both :)
    While I'm at it, is it possible to use system transfer on the EmuNAND?

7. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
  8. Mike.Simonetti
    OP

Mike.Simonetti Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2014
    Italy
    Thank you again :)