ROM Hack is it possible to "inject" or "import" units, cutom-made or otherwise, into Fire Emblem Awakening?

AtomSmasherMazionga

GBATemp Resident Atom Smasher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope that the title is clear enough, but if not, I'd like to know if there is a way to insert Characters similarly to the "custom DLC" characters for Fates. I thought it would be cool to have characters of one's own creation, besides the MU/Avatar. maybe the Avatar has a sibling and no one knew it? things like that. if this is possible, I would very much like to know how to do so, as I'm pretty sure that FireEditor doesn't do this, and being able to make and write your own supports wouldn't hurt things either. thanks for any info you guys can give me.

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope that the title is clear enough, but if not, I'd like to know if there is a way to insert Characters similarly to the "custom DLC" characters for Fates. I thought it would be cool to have characters of one's own creation, besides the MU/Avatar. maybe the Avatar has a sibling and no one knew it? things like that. if this is possible, I would very much like to know how to do so, as I'm pretty sure that FireEditor doesn't do this, and being able to make and write your own supports wouldn't hurt things either. thanks for any info you guys can give me.
Not with custom dlc, as most of the files are in ARC files so repacking is probably impossible. And as for editing the main GameData file, good luck with that as you would need to go through a massive effort to just add one character.

Dylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only reason people have been able to make custom dlc fates characters is because dlc characters already existed in Japan and we had files we could edit.

Awakening has spotpass characters (which are just avatars) but no actual dlc characters, they are already on the cart. So there's no example to work off of.

Additionally, there are just less tools for editing awakening.

AtomSmasherMazionga

GBATemp Resident Atom Smasher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not with custom dlc, as most of the files are in ARC files so repacking is probably impossible. And as for editing the main GameData file, good luck with that as you would need to go through a massive effort to just add one character.

The only reason people have been able to make custom dlc fates characters is because dlc characters already existed in Japan and we had files we could edit.

Awakening has spotpass characters (which are just avatars) but no actual dlc characters, they are already on the cart. So there's no example to work off of.

Additionally, there are just less tools for editing awakening.

is there a way then, to edit the names and portraits of Spotpass Characters? I it possible to remove the blue glow thing from Einherjar units, then? if the glow could be removed, and portraits edited, that would at least semi achieve what I have in mind.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1