is it possible to "inject" or "import" units, cutom-made or otherwise, into Fire Emblem Awakening?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Darthlink9, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Darthlink9
    OP

Darthlink9 GBATemp Resident Heartbreaker

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    Nearby
    I hope that the title is clear enough, but if not, I'd like to know if there is a way to insert Characters similarly to the "custom DLC" characters for Fates. I thought it would be cool to have characters of one's own creation, besides the MU/Avatar. maybe the Avatar has a sibling and no one knew it? things like that. if this is possible, I would very much like to know how to do so, as I'm pretty sure that FireEditor doesn't do this, and being able to make and write your own supports wouldn't hurt things either. thanks for any info you guys can give me.

2. Omegablu

Omegablu We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    Ice Tribe Village
    Not with custom dlc, as most of the files are in ARC files so repacking is probably impossible. And as for editing the main GameData file, good luck with that as you would need to go through a massive effort to just add one character.

3. Dylos

Dylos GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2016
    United States
    The only reason people have been able to make custom dlc fates characters is because dlc characters already existed in Japan and we had files we could edit.

Awakening has spotpass characters (which are just avatars) but no actual dlc characters, they are already on the cart. So there's no example to work off of.

Additionally, there are just less tools for editing awakening.

4. Darthlink9
    OP

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    Nearby
    is there a way then, to edit the names and portraits of Spotpass Characters? I it possible to remove the blue glow thing from Einherjar units, then? if the glow could be removed, and portraits edited, that would at least semi achieve what I have in mind.

5. Dylos

Dylos GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2016
    United States
    Probably, but I'm not aware of any guides, you may be on your own.

6. Darthlink9
    OP

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    Nearby
    damn. well, thanks then. if I find a way to do this, I'll make a thread with a tutorial, if anyone even cares about awakening anymore...