Hacking Is it possible to format emuNAND without Gateway launcher?

endoverend

AKA zooksman
OP
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
So I have a 10.3 O3DS with oothax installed. I also have an old 9.2 NAND backup which I thought I might be able to use for emuNAND, but i'm not totally sure. Since the gateway launcher doesn't work past 9.2, is it possible to format the emuNAND and get this setup working? Thanks.

D

Deleted-236924

It actually is, I don't have the link on hand but should be able to find it.
I believe it works by making a sysnand backup with Decrypt9, then using a disk tool to make an 1GB or so hidden partition on your SD card, then using Decrypt9 to inject that sysnand backup into the hidden partition, I believe support was added to automatically do that all from within a program though.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: endoverend

endoverend

AKA zooksman
OP
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
It actually is, I don't have the link on hand but should be able to find it.
I believe it works by making a sysnand backup with Decrypt9, then using a disk tool to make an 1GB or so hidden partition on your SD card, then using Decrypt9 to inject that sysnand backup into the hidden partition, I believe support was added to automatically do that all from within a program though.
Oh wow, be sure to edit in that link if you find it!

D

Deleted-236924

Well there's that.
May or may not be an option in Decrypt9 now but worth taking a look.

Oh and I just actually read all of your first post now, you won't really be able to make use of the emunand even if you put it into your SD card because you need <=9.2 to boot any CFW that actually makes use of the emunand.

That being said, considering you have the nand backup, it should be possible to get a hardmod done to restore the 9.2 backup to your sysnand. It was a 9.2 backup from your own 3DS, right? Otherwise it won't work neither for restoring it back to sysnand or using it as an emunand (in the event that a 10.3 cfw or a downgrade becomes possible at some point :P)

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is my own backup, but IDK if i want to pay for a hardmod. i thought i might take a shot in the dark and see if it's restorable via emuNAND.
If the NAND backup is from the same system, then you could just use Multinandtool on these threads to flash the EmuNAND to the SD without Gatway launcher. Just format you SD fat32, then when selected for format it well ask for your NAND file location and done.

PS- you really don't have enough permission with 10.3 bro to flash to system though so... Hard mod it is.

Last edited by Ripper00420,

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Keep in mind, even if you manage to use your 9.2 backup for an emuNAND partition; you have no way of accessing it because you are on 10.3 sysNAND.

@hundshamer is GBAtemp's go-to guy for hardmods in the US, he has an excellent reputation and has performed dozens of them.

Some modders only charge for materials and return postage, others charge a small fee.

I don't know how much hundshamer charges, so you'd have to ask him for specifics.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep in mind, even if you manage to use your 9.2 backup for an emuNAND partition; you have no way of accessing it because you are on 10.3 sysNAND.

@hundshamer is GBAtemp's go-to guy for hardmods in the US, he has an excellent reputation and has performed dozens of them.

Some modders only charge for materials and return postage, others charge a small fee.

I don't know how much hundshamer charges, so you'd have to ask him for specifics.
He is doing one for me right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/2byHyqiZVS8?si=Qr7te3eS9u0xQYDh