Is it possible to edit Phoenix Wright: Trilogy text files?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by cheuble, Oct 6, 2016.

1. cheuble
    OP

cheuble Marieism™

Feb 6, 2016
    France
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Land
    I'm currently trying to translate the game, but it would require editing the text files. When I extract RomFS, I only get a pack.dat file, a pack.inc and a sound folder. I already saw there was a tool, but it seems you can only extract images, and you can't rebuild the pack.dat. Anyone know if there's a way?

2. Omegadrien

Omegadrien GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 4, 2015
    France
    Pokéland
    Unfortunately, it's all we have for now.
    And... https://gbatemp.net/threads/transla...3ds-fantranslation.380593/page-5#post-6717912
    Seems we don't even know where the dialogues files are XD

edit: by translating, you mean copy past the (bad) DS translation?
    Maybe you can fix spelling errors...?
    Or you will translate it directly from japanese?? <3

Last edited by Omegadrien, Oct 6, 2016
  3. cheuble
    OP

cheuble Marieism™

Feb 6, 2016
    France
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Land
    Well, it seems like this project will not see the light of the day :hateit:
    I would have based my translation on the french one (names, places), but mainly use the English one as a base. Unfortunately, I don't know Japanese. This was for my brother who's still too young to understand English. And yes, the french translation is shit

4. andibad

andibad Soon™

Sep 14, 2009
    Indonesia
    hospital
    well filename from pack.dat and pack.inc are stored on exefs.bin, i just found them on some section. and i just got bffnt string on it, maybe is used sdk tool for generate font file? i not sure since some bch file is named font data too.

and for message file is stored on data1/mes_all.bin , data2/mes_all.bin , data3/mes_all.bin , data1 for PW1, data2 for PW2 and data3 for PW3. i can't tell is an image or msg file, since i only inspecting on exefs.

I not sure is on plain sight, maybe compressed or encrypted or not. but i sure is used UTF-8, based of my inspection using IDA on a route function.

Last edited by andibad, Oct 6, 2016
    cheuble and Omegadrien like this.
  5. srwgin

srwgin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 13, 2013
    China
    you can extract bin to png
    but all txt in image
    hard work