Is it possible to boot CFW without SD card? (pins broken on FPC)

TheKeiron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was having issues with my sd card (kept crashing and then booted in hekate with the error that is was SD Card is initialized in 1-bit mode) so i got a replacement sd card reader, but when i removed the installed sd reader I noticed pins were missing (i think they came off when i removed the sd reader) and now when i boot it doesnt read the sd card at all. I've ordered a replacement 16 pin FPC but it was only available from china it seems so i have to wait ages for delivery: is it possible to boot a switch without SD card? Perhaps USB? I've googled around and theres a lot of old articles saying no but i was wondering if there have been any advancements in this area?

1667907483316.png

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was having issues with my sd card (kept crashing and then booted in hekate with the error that is was SD Card is initialized in 1-bit mode) so i got a replacement sd card reader, but when i removed the installed sd reader I noticed pins were missing (i think they came off when i removed the sd reader) and now when i boot it doesnt read the sd card at all. I've ordered a replacement 16 pin FPC but it was only available from china it seems so i have to wait ages for delivery: is it possible to boot a switch without SD card? Perhaps USB? I've googled around and theres a lot of old articles saying no but i was wondering if there have been any advancements in this area?

View attachment 336251
have 2 switches one has same problem and no its not possible as far as i know.

Reactions: binkinator

TheKeiron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
have 2 switches one has same problem and no its not possible as far as i know.
Yeah I saw a lot of threads around of people with pins out of this fpc in particular, it seems extremely fragile, I've actually ordered a replacement pack of 20 in prep for this happening again down the line 😂

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah I saw a lot of threads around of people with pins out of this fpc in particular, it seems extremely fragile, I've actually ordered a replacement pack of 20 in prep for this happening again down the line 😂
would do same, but i dont have any knowledge annd would fuck up my switch

marhalloweenvt

Trophies
XP
Country
I afraid that as of now, there is no way to boot into CFW without SD Card. I faced this issue before and quite lucky with Mobile Repair service in my city, they have exactly connector (which they are harvest from another device) and pay fee for they to replace it, no need to wait at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: