Is it okay to ask for donations through YouTube?

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I'm looking for opinions on this, because I don't want to do something wrong from the get-go.

I'm looking to start an OUYA-based review series, as the games on OUYA get very little attention. Since OUYA is a try-before-you-buy platform, and I have a family of 5 at home with other monetary priorities, my reviews will pretty much be limited to the trail versions of games.

Would it be a bad thing to have the following in my videos, as long as it is just a small disclaimer and not something I actually focus on?

Beginning of Episode:
"OUYA game reviews are of the trial versions unless otherwise specified. If interested in helping us review full versions of games, information will be available at the end of the video. Enjoy the show!"

End of Episode:
"If interested in helping us review full versions of games, you can click the following to donate. If you'd like your donation attributed to a specific title, please mention so in the comments of your donation."

That's honest all the more it would be, and me buying OUYA games really isn't the focus at all. Is this okay, or would there be a better way to do this on my limited budget just starting out?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't see a problem with that disclaimer. However

1: If you're reviewing the trial version, what's the point? Anyone with an ouya interested in the game will just try the trial version. Your opinion on the trial is pointless compared to their own.
2: There's a billion reviews and LPs of games on youtube, from a quick glance over at youtube I already see a bunch of reviews for games on ouya, and I assume if anyone is looking for a review of a game, they want to see the full version.
3: Likely no one would donate since they could more easily just buy the game themselves to try.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You'll look like a beggar.
That and what Malice said.
Likely no one will donate anyway.
You'd be glad with a generous fella that sends a quid but other then that, it's pointless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo