Is it normal to wonder what it'd be like. . .

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Honestly it does seem normal. Life is full of "what ifs" and honestly everyone thinks about "what if...this happens?" Even I have wondered what would my life be like without Mike. (in case anyone was wondering, the answer is very sad and lonely without him)

Ringo619

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't think so i mean i always do this with other stuff like , i always think wonder what would happen if i walked this way , maybe something would have changed?? what if i did do my homework , what wound have changed??

Gullwing

homo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sonknuck23 said:
I appreciate all of your posts and the fact that you've all been nice about it. I love my girlfriend, we have a good time and etc. To be more thorough, I live with her, and I just feel like things were better before we moved in together. . . I moved in rather quickly due to certain circumstances, but I wish I just had my own place and we could be a normal "teenage" couple (we're both 20, but we just turned 20, so yeah, I use the world "teenage" loosely, but you know what I mean.)
OMG you got her pregnant!!! Joking! I think it is quite normal thinking how different life would be if we would make different decisions... Anyway, if you are not happy, just move out and try again.

Rogue_Ninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its always normal to wonder things like that. The grass may look greener on the other side but its not always worth it. My inlaw thought the same thing and left a really nice girl (albeit she had her own issues) for another and his life is hell now. He was fixed (neutered) 2 years ago and since then she has had 1 baby and is currently preggers with another. If he were to leave the children would not be taken care of. He's a hell of a father. She on the other hand is an O2 thief.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Really depends on the type of person you are. If it was me it'd mean "I'm getting bored of sex with this person". But I'll admit I don't believe love is a real thing, and the only reason I've ever got into long term relationships is for the regular sex.

If this is at all the case, break up with the person. It's the only fair thing to do. Plus there are plenty of people about who feel the same so you won't end up without a sex life (in fact if you are like this it will be better, less guilt) or having to take advantage to get your jollies. Not everyone is cut out for all this soppy shit.

EDIT: But to answer the question, probably just normal. Even if you have the desire to act out on it. What matters is if you do or not.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sonknuck23 said:
I've been thinking a lot lately about what life would be like without my girlfriend, and I'm just wondering if this is just a normal phase? or is this the kind of thing people usually only think about when they're unhappy and want out? Just wondering what you guys think of this, and if it's normal or not, or maybe if it's even happened to some of you.

In marriage it's called the seven year itch actually.

The human race has been a monogomous species for thousands of years though. But you don't always find the right match on the first try.

Until you sign a binding agreement to remain faithful though, all you have is a mutual desire to be together. So until you actually DO have that contract, you have no need to feel guilty about looking at others and wondering, hmm I wonder if we would hit it off?

Frankly, if my wife STOPPED looking at guys, it would bother me more, as it would mean she's losing her interest or need of guys in general.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Panzer Tacticer said:
The human race has pretended to be a monogomous species for thousands of years though.

Fix'd. We've the second largest testicles among primates for one reason, our females are only slightly less promiscuous than chimp females. We're not naturally monogamous, that's dictated by society, same as human diet has nothing to do with what we've evolved into needing.

EDIT: Fun-Fact. If your wife had an affair she'd be more likely to conceive than she would with you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...