fishykipper

pkmn breeder
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is it just me or is the supercard dstwo menu incredibly slow compared to other cards? And theres a distinct slowness within games (especially pkmn games)

and.... I thought the main feature of the supercard dstwo was the fact that it could utilise its built in cpu so boot all games, with all different protection? how come games dont work still? / need patches to boot?

huuum?

Matt140

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fishykipper said:
Is it just me or is the supercard dstwo menu incredibly slow compared to other cards? And theres a distinct slowness within games (especially pkmn games)

and.... I thought the main feature of the supercard dstwo was the fact that it could utilise its built in cpu so boot all games, with all different protection? how come games dont work still? / need patches to boot?

huuum?

It's quite fast for me... faster than M3 Sakura at least. Could it be your microSD speed?

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, It was able to boot Megaman Zero Collection JAP, EUR, USA without the need for a patch, whatsoever, and the OS has had a lot of bugs that they have been working out of the system. Nothing is ever perfect when it comes to emulation. So yeh you get what you pay for but you need to get your facts straight.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't had any speed problems in-game, but the menu itself is CONSIDERABLY slower than my CycloDS Evolution, using the same microSD card (Transcend 8GB Class 6).

fishykipper

pkmn breeder
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i need to get my facts straight? i quoted that near enough exact from the box packaging itself!
using the same sd card, my acekard / m3 are Zooooooooooooooming fast compared to supercard!
check it, load any pokemon game on an acekard, go in and out of buildings, open menus, it'll be almost instant!
try it on supercarddstwo..................................................................
................................................................................
............................................................? there we go!

crsdefiance

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just tested SoulSilver on both my CycloDS using a DS Lite, and my DSTWO on a DSiXL. Using two identical memory cards, I can confirm that the in-game menus are actually a bit slower on the DSTWO. For me, I noticed the delay much worse when backing out of a menu rather than loading the screen though. I had both DS units side by side, and checked each menu several times--each time the DSTWO was consistently slower. I'm kind of curious what would cause that though...it doesn't seem all that logical to me.

fishykipper

pkmn breeder
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thank you sir!! Cheers for doing a little test! Im sure its just because the supercard is pretty new still. Later firmwares will update the issue. But for me, its pkmn from the Acekard2i from now on. Can't be handling a lagging black screen every time i enter a building or pop up my dex!!

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fishykipper said:
thank you sir!! Cheers for doing a little test! Im sure its just because the supercard is pretty new still. Later firmwares will update the issue. But for me, its pkmn from the Acekard2i from now on. Can't be handling a lagging black screen every time i enter a building or pop up my dex!!

It's slower for me aswell m8.I have Tried 2 diffrent 2GB kingston micro sd cards.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 2GB MicroSD card on my DSTWO and it loads somewhat fast on the games I play. It takes a while to load Pokémon HG/SS though. It usually takes 1-6 seconds for Pokémon HG/SS to load, but it's still fast.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to try backing up, reformatting, and reloading my card. I wouldn't be surprised at all if a fragmented card were causing this slowness, it'd certainly explain why it's so much faster for some people.

edit: Or it could be that I had 4600 files on my card. Stupid dsknytt, and unnecessarily large collection of Game Boy ROMs that I probably will never get around to playing.

edit: Sure enough, after reformatting the card using the official formatter, it's WAY faster. Go figure.

LittleBigMods

Trophies
Website
www.littlebigmods.net
XP
Country
United States
My main flashcarts are my Acekard 2i and DSONEi (with the newest version of the EOS) (and my DSTWO that's in the mail from ShopTemp
smile.gif
).

I keep my Micro SD card organized in a format like the one below:
-root
--(system)
--Games
--GBA
etc.

When I click on the "Games" folder with my Acekard, the list loads almost instantly, while the DSONEi takes about 3-5 seconds, even with the SD card speed on the fastest. This is probably due to the Moonshell-based interface used on the DSONE/i and DSTWO.

-LBM

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LittleBigMods said:
My main flashcarts are my Acekard 2i and DSONEi (with the newest version of the EOS) (and my DSTWO that's in the mail from ShopTemp
smile.gif
).

I keep my Micro SD card organized in a format like the one below:
-root
--(system)
--Games
--GBA
etc.

When I click on the "Games" folder with my Acekard, the list loads almost instantly, while the DSONEi takes about 3-5 seconds, even with the SD card speed on the fastest. This is probably due to the Moonshell-based interface used on the DSONE/i and DSTWO.

-LBM

By that do you mean it's like Moonshell, or it relies on Moonshell? Because the EOS looks nothing like Moonshell.

LittleBigMods

Trophies
Website
www.littlebigmods.net
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
LittleBigMods said:

By that do you mean it's like Moonshell, or it relies on Moonshell? Because the EOS looks nothing like Moonshell.
It's based off of Moonshell. They used it's code as a base. The DSONE's original OS looks just like a themed version of MS (with the ability to play ROMs and a few extra features). I think that the EOS is the same, but they added a lot of features and moved stuff around. It's a lot better, though.
smile.gif

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LittleBigMods said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
The old OS for the DSONE(i) was based on Moonshell. The new one isn't. IIRC it's based on the Acekard menu or something like that.
Hmmm. Then I wonder why it's so slow...

It's based off the AcekardRPG source which is why the firmware may be slow. However, the menu seems to going at a perfectly normal speed for me I think it may be your microsd causing the slowdown.

Firemonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, it works pretty well, much better than an R4 at the same price a few years back... It doesn't really have too many compatibility issues and the team is still developing for it.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
It's based off the AcekardRPG source which is why the firmware may be slow. However, the menu seems to going at a perfectly normal speed for me I think it may be your microsd causing the slowdown.
I wasn't going to say it, but this is pretty much what I was thinking. It's seemed nothing but blindingly fast for me. :wtf: It's kind of perplexing because some people in this thread are going on about how slow it is but I don't understand it since it certainly doesn't seem slow to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker