Is it just me or......

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by fishykipper, Jun 14, 2010.

Jun 14, 2010

Is it just me or...... by fishykipper at 10:20 PM (2,608 Views / 0 Likes) 20 replies

1. fishykipper
    OP

Member fishykipper pkmn breeder

United Kingdom
    Is it just me or is the supercard dstwo menu incredibly slow compared to other cards? And theres a distinct slowness within games (especially pkmn games)

and.... I thought the main feature of the supercard dstwo was the fact that it could utilise its built in cpu so boot all games, with all different protection? how come games dont work still? / need patches to boot?

huuum?

2. Matt140

Member Matt140 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    It's quite fast for me... faster than M3 Sakura at least. Could it be your microSD speed?

3. phoenixclaws

Member phoenixclaws GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Um, It was able to boot Megaman Zero Collection JAP, EUR, USA without the need for a patch, whatsoever, and the OS has had a lot of bugs that they have been working out of the system. Nothing is ever perfect when it comes to emulation. So yeh you get what you pay for but you need to get your facts straight.

4. Covarr

Member Covarr Sentient Cash Register

United States
    I haven't had any speed problems in-game, but the menu itself is CONSIDERABLY slower than my CycloDS Evolution, using the same microSD card (Transcend 8GB Class 6).

5. fishykipper
    OP

United Kingdom
    i need to get my facts straight? i quoted that near enough exact from the box packaging itself!
    using the same sd card, my acekard / m3 are Zooooooooooooooming fast compared to supercard!
    check it, load any pokemon game on an acekard, go in and out of buildings, open menus, it'll be almost instant!
    try it on supercarddstwo..................................................................
    ................................................................................
    ............................................................? there we go!

6. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    The Real Time Menu on my Supercard is amazingly fast, especially RTS. I've had no problems with going menus/games going slow at all.

7. crsdefiance

Newcomer crsdefiance Newbie

United States
    I just tested SoulSilver on both my CycloDS using a DS Lite, and my DSTWO on a DSiXL. Using two identical memory cards, I can confirm that the in-game menus are actually a bit slower on the DSTWO. For me, I noticed the delay much worse when backing out of a menu rather than loading the screen though. I had both DS units side by side, and checked each menu several times--each time the DSTWO was consistently slower. I'm kind of curious what would cause that though...it doesn't seem all that logical to me.

8. fishykipper
    OP

United Kingdom
    thank you sir!! Cheers for doing a little test! Im sure its just because the supercard is pretty new still. Later firmwares will update the issue. But for me, its pkmn from the Acekard2i from now on. Can't be handling a lagging black screen every time i enter a building or pop up my dex!!

9. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    It's slower for me aswell m8.I have Tried 2 diffrent 2GB kingston micro sd cards.

10. I am r4ymond

Member I am r4ymond PFE

United States
    I have a 2GB MicroSD card on my DSTWO and it loads somewhat fast on the games I play. It takes a while to load Pokémon HG/SS though. It usually takes 1-6 seconds for Pokémon HG/SS to load, but it's still fast.

11. Covarr

Member Covarr Sentient Cash Register

United States
    I'm going to try backing up, reformatting, and reloading my card. I wouldn't be surprised at all if a fragmented card were causing this slowness, it'd certainly explain why it's so much faster for some people.

edit: Or it could be that I had 4600 files on my card. Stupid dsknytt, and unnecessarily large collection of Game Boy ROMs that I probably will never get around to playing.

edit: Sure enough, after reformatting the card using the official formatter, it's WAY faster. Go figure.

12. fishykipper
    OP

United Kingdom
    i just formatted mine with the official formatter!
    and i think its slower.......playing pkmn, i see black screens more than i do the game?!?
    somethings wrong here!

13. LittleBigMods

Member LittleBigMods GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My main flashcarts are my Acekard 2i and DSONEi (with the newest version of the EOS) (and my DSTWO that's in the mail from ShopTemp [​IMG]).

I keep my Micro SD card organized in a format like the one below:
    -root
    --(system)
    --Games
    --GBA
    etc.

When I click on the "Games" folder with my Acekard, the list loads almost instantly, while the DSONEi takes about 3-5 seconds, even with the SD card speed on the fastest. This is probably due to the Moonshell-based interface used on the DSONE/i and DSTWO.

-LBM

14. DeltaBurnt

United States
    By that do you mean it's like Moonshell, or it relies on Moonshell? Because the EOS looks nothing like Moonshell.

15. LittleBigMods

United States
    It's based off of Moonshell. They used it's code as a base. The DSONE's original OS looks just like a themed version of MS (with the ability to play ROMs and a few extra features). I think that the EOS is the same, but they added a lot of features and moved stuff around. It's a lot better, though. [​IMG]

16. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    The old OS for the DSONE(i) was based on Moonshell. The new one isn't. IIRC it's based on the Acekard menu or something like that.

17. LittleBigMods

United States
    Hmmm. Then I wonder why it's so slow...

18. DeltaBurnt

United States
    It's based off the AcekardRPG source which is why the firmware may be slow. However, the menu seems to going at a perfectly normal speed for me I think it may be your microsd causing the slowdown.

19. Firemonkey

Newcomer Firemonkey Member

United States
    Honestly, it works pretty well, much better than an R4 at the same price a few years back... It doesn't really have too many compatibility issues and the team is still developing for it.

20. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I wasn't going to say it, but this is pretty much what I was thinking. It's seemed nothing but blindingly fast for me. :wtf: It's kind of perplexing because some people in this thread are going on about how slow it is but I don't understand it since it certainly doesn't seem slow to me.