Hacking is it Full Brick by IOS30-64-v2816 on 3.2

superchc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am stuipdly use the WAD manager install the IOS30-64-v2816 on my 3.2J.

after reboot, i have only a black screen. the GC joypad cannot access the recovery mode.

i have install the bootmii only on IOS not on boot2.

no preloader was installed.

read many forum, they said it is a FULL brick becase the IOS30 is the stub...............

do any one have any method to recovery it?

i have two wii, does it help?

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's bricked.

Did you ever backup your NAND with bootmii IOS?

If so, then you may want to contact DeadlyFoez, as he can fix your Wii if you have a NAND backup of it (has to be a NAND backup from THAT Wii though, not the other one).

If you don't have a NAND backup of the dead Wii, it's going to stay dead. Maybe sell the parts out of it?

superchc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
da_letter_a said:
It's bricked.

If so, then you may want to contact DeadlyFoez, as he can fix your Wii if you have a NAND backup of it (has to be a NAND backup from THAT Wii though, not the other one).

If you don't have a NAND backup of the dead Wii, it's going to stay dead. Maybe sell the parts out of it?

Oh, i have no backup but have the bootmii. that mean i got a full Brick? or still have a change?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
superchc said:
da_letter_a said:
It's bricked.

Oh, i have no backup. that mean i got a full Brick..................

Yep, you are screw! Next time you install something.. ask someone more experience like us or have a NAND backup just in case.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There is however, one other way of fixing it...

That is:
Send it to Nintendo.

(But rip out your Wii's DVD drive first before sending it, else they'll replace it with a crappy D3-2, and you don't want that, as it can't read backups at all.)

This will of course, void warranty, but I'm assuming you don't have any warranty left anyway, since the Wii is old enough to run 3.2J.

AFAIK, Nintendo shouldn't care if the Wii is missing a DVD drive when they get it, as they're going to charge you the fee anyway.

Apparently, the fee is about $85 USD.

...or you could just keep the Wii dead, and use the other one.

superchc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RockmanForte said:
superchc said:
da_letter_a said:
It's bricked.

Oh, i have no backup. that mean i got a full Brick..................

Yep, you are screw! Next time you install something.. ask someone more experience like us or have a NAND backup just in case.

thank you borthers. i install the wad without problems as i use 4.0J before, since 4.X have lots of limitation, i just downgrade to 3.2.

i find taht some game need new ios, i just update the wad i have used. i am so stupid that upgraded the IOS30. i know IOS36, 60 is importan so that i don't updated them, but forget about IOS 30..............

superchc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
da_letter_a said:
There is however, one other way of fixing it...

That is:
Send it to Nintendo.

(But rip out your Wii's DVD drive first before sending it, else they'll replace it with a crappy D3-2, and you don't want that, as it can't read backups at all.)

This will of course, void warranty, but I'm assuming you don't have any warranty left anyway, since the Wii is old enough to run 3.2J.

AFAIK, Nintendo shouldn't care if the Wii is missing a DVD drive when they get it, as they're going to charge you the fee anyway.

Apparently, the fee is about $85 USD.

...or you could just keep the Wii dead, and use the other one.

yes, and i don't thing Nintendo will help me, as i have mod chips there........

BTW, BOOTMII & Preloader which one is better, i am going to install it in my wii which have no problems so that i have save myself next time.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
You don't need your nand backup if that wii can have bootmii@boot2. Infectus stuff is needed though to install bootmii and recover with someone else's nand dump converted to your wii with betwiin...

ps: being at 3.2 before the brick hints a bootmii@boot2 compatible wii... (if said wii not downgraded to 3.2 though)

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
nutta_nic said:
will a mod chip with autoboot, not autoboot without a system menu?

Nopez, it's clear that fully bricked wiis doesn't run system menu and for autoboot and/or recovery menu to work one need the menu...

Though still there is code in those stub ios'es, maybe nintendo is able to recover them in a way... Still rather unlikely

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
nutta_nic said:

Nopez, it's clear that fully bricked wiis doesn't run system menu and for autoboot and/or recovery menu to work one need the menu...

Though still there is code in those stub ios'es, maybe nintendo is able to recover them in a way... Still rather unlikely

cheers for the info

tattar8 said:
QUOTE(nutta_nic @ Feb 27 2010, 04:46 PM)
The system menu autoboots a game. Figure it out.

why are so many people on gbatemp a Smartarse/smartass (depending on region)

superchc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
You don't need your nand backup if that wii can have bootmii@boot2. Infectus stuff is needed though to install bootmii and recover with someone else's nand dump converted to your wii with betwiin...

ps: being at 3.2 before the brick hints a bootmii@boot2 compatible wii... (if said wii not downgraded to 3.2 though)

sorry i can't catch what you mean, should i downgrade to 3.2 or before? with 3.2, it wll not check the disk which is changed or not. most game can pay.

moreover, if i have bootmii @ boot2, i think i can recover the system by some autorun disk. with GC joypad.

Posts merged

QUOTE(nutta_nic @ Feb 27 2010, 11:46 PM) will a mod chip with autoboot, not autoboot without a system menu?

it is only a wiikey mod chip. seems cna't help....

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
superchc said:
WiiCrazy said:

sorry i can't catch what you mean, should i downgrade to 3.2 or before? with 3.2, it wll not check the disk which is changed or not. most game can pay.

moreover, if i have bootmii @ boot2, i think i can recover the system by some autorun disk. with GC joypad.

Oops, English problems.... When did you buy your wii? There I just made a guess if your wii supported bootmii@boot2... Forget autorun disc / recovery mode / savemii / GC controller...
You can only fix it using infectus and for that you either need
A nand backup
or
A bootmii@boot2 compatible wii

Again my guess is you have a bootmii@boot2 compatible wii... See deadlyfoez' thread for recovery... Beware though it's by hardware means, not through software...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn auto bots not pissing oil at o' rileys