Hacking Is installing moonshell for both slot devices possible?

Language

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an r4 with moonshell on it already, and I was wondering if there is a way to get my Nintendo DS or R4 to read from both the slots at the same time. Like let's say if I was playing a game on my R4, and I needed to have a second game in slot-2 to unlock something in the game on my r4, is it possible to do that with an R4?

Language

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sorry I don't know what an "NOR" is or how to "flash the GBA game to NOR". Is an NOR a GBA ROM like NDS is a Nintendo DS ROM? And is a 3in1 or GBA expansion another name for a flash cart?

Language

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I already have the actual GBA games, can I skip the whole flashing the GBA game to NOR and just patch it with a Pokepatch?

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A 3in1 is a GBA expansion. A GBA expansion is something that goes in Slot 2 that you use with a DS flashcard to play GBA games.
Use Rudolph's GBA ExpLoader and press R once, then select your .gba ROM and press A.
As for DS game patching, if you're playing Pokemon, use Pokepatch.

If you have the actual game, no patching required.

Language

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, well you said if I have the actual game that there is no patching required. I have Pokemon Diamond on my R4, but I have 4 Pokemon GBA games that are the actual GBA games. I patched the Pokemon Diamond game with the Pokepatch and it worked, but I still don't think it's registering the 2nd slot when I put Pokemon Leaf Green in. What do I do now?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.