Is gameshark style hacking possible using Spider to inject cheat codes?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by TidusWulf, Mar 6, 2015.

1. TidusWulf
    OP

TidusWulf Real Aloha

Jul 27, 2007
    United States
    Hawaii
    I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but if we can inject data into RAM using the web browser, wouldn't that make it pretty easy to implement something like a gameshark website that can inject codes into the games we play? Infinite health in pokemon... maximum bells in Animal Crossing... Infinite Bullet Bills in Mario Kart... You know what I mean?

c4p0 likes this.
  2. BubblegumGuru

BubblegumGuru Member

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2007
    United States
    I would be so down for that. I just got Powersaves the other day and it's slow as hell. :x

3. TidusWulf
    OP

TidusWulf Real Aloha

Jul 27, 2007
    United States
    Hawaii
    Also, unlike Gameshark, where you need to inject everything at the game's startup, you can easily go back to the browser and make changes on the fly if the webpage was interactive. Heck, even if the webpage wasn't, if you ran an android app that did a hotspot/webserver thing like how people have done with Gateway's Exploit, then you could perhaps make changes in the app, then refresh the page on your 3DS to get the updated code injected.

Run around the grass in pokemon, catch the pokemon you want, and then just hit up the web browser and change the code to another rare pokemon, and go right back at it, no saving or rebooting required.

samiam144 likes this.
  4. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    On-the-fly memory editing is already available for 4.x systems via NTR-CFW and on higher system versions via spider3DStools. But neither are particularly noob friendly.

Applying codes via patching a game at start up are already available features of (once again) the publicly available NTR-CFW, as well as MatthewE and GovanifY's private CFWs. So it's definitely a possibility once we have a free CFW (like KARL3DS) available.

It's actually something that would already be available if someone had the time, skill and motivation to finish Yifan Lu's 80% complete SpiderNinja.

5. Lord M

Lord M GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 31, 2014
    Italy
    What? Only NTR-CFW can use codes via plugin... the "other" CFW as i know can't...

6. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    You seem to think I'm talking about the CFW GovanifY leaked. I am not.

As I stated clearly, I'm talking about GovanifY's personal CFW. While I'm providing links here's one outlining the features of MathewE's 9.4 CFW.

7. darksweet

darksweet 5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. OMEGA FLARE

Mar 15, 2009
    so only the chosen few (who holds ninja cubic) can use the patches unlike the pokemon xy and oras pokemon patch who only use the qr scan and
    browser exploit

8. PandaMayFire

PandaMayFire GBAtemp Regular

Jan 24, 2015
    United States
    This would be an amazing thing to have, I can see a giant cheat system something like the PSP had being developed

9. Lord M

Oct 31, 2014
    Italy
    Another govanify cfw? But not available uh... and mathew 9.4 CFW? its real? And available?

10. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    Fuck me. I don't think I could be anymore clearer.

But here we go one last time, if you still struggle to understand what I've said, I'm afraid you're on your own.

11. Lord M

Oct 31, 2014
    Italy
    Ah ok, i think i understand... we will can receive those function only if who want release/public what LOL (Hoping that they are not too stingy or selfish .__. )

12. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    They won't, but it's on the todo list for number of the developers working on the KARL3DS project.

In fact I think it's been confirmed as having already being implemented.