Hacking Is ''gamekool.com'' a scam??

Jean Karlo

Hacker Aspirant!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I just bought a r4i gold from this website, But only after putting my money onto it i saw reviews claiming that it is a scam. Is it? They actually answered back quickly and friendly. I want to know what was your experience with this? Has any of you been scammed by this website or is legit??

Jean Karlo

Hacker Aspirant!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was on shoptemp.net so i thought it was legit. Yeah, yeah, is my first time buying flashcart online, other than that i had bought them in actual stores. so, scam, i guess

Jean Karlo

Hacker Aspirant!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was on shoptemp.net so i thought it was legit. Yeah, yeah, is my first time buying flashcart online, other than that i had bought them in actual stores. so, scam, i guess

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Most bad reviews come from first time buyers of flashcarts that have sometimes bad misconceptions due to buying from a local (as in the same country) online vendors.

Things like being use to instant order processing and shipping out the same day can give the wrong idea about ordering from international sites where shipping times can exceed 1 month due to customs, etc.
Other things like no understanding of what actual customer service is, this is probably most evident right now with people trying to get a EZ-Flash IV for a gameboy micro right now.

Then there are those that just never post a good review, period.

A legitimate explanation of a poor rating is normally few or non existent.

----

gamekool is a HK online vendor. Shipping can take anywhere from 2-4 weeks depending on where you live in the world.

If you really do not like using a credit card, I suggest learning to use prepaid visa cards for sites you do not have first hand experience with. Don't expect the use of paypal as a payment option from flashcart vendors, nintendo made sure by getting paypal to cut off flashcart vendor accounts (paypal isn't a bank, doing this is within their rights). The use of a prepaid visa card is to limit your losses to what is on the card, if the online vendor turns out to be an actual scam vendor.

Reactions: Jean Karlo

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
why don't people just buy from realhotstuff?

Or better yet GBATemp's official sponsor http://nds-card.com/

I've worked with Gamekool before, they didn't scam me, but their customer service was crap, their shipping took too long, and they nearly screwed up my order until I corrected them before they shipped it.

Reactions: Jean Karlo

Jean Karlo

Hacker Aspirant!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most bad reviews come from first time buyers of flashcarts that have sometimes bad misconceptions due to buying from a local (as in the same country) online vendors.

Things like being use to instant order processing and shipping out the same day can give the wrong idea about ordering from international sites where shipping times can exceed 1 month due to customs, etc.
Other things like no understanding of what actual customer service is, this is probably most evident right now with people trying to get a EZ-Flash IV for a gameboy micro right now.

Then there are those that just never post a good review, period.

A legitimate explanation of a poor rating is normally few or non existent.

----

gamekool is a HK online vendor. Shipping can take anywhere from 2-4 weeks depending on where you live in the world.

If you really do not like using a credit card, I suggest learning to use prepaid visa cards for sites you do not have first hand experience with. Don't expect the use of paypal as a payment option from flashcart vendors, nintendo made sure by getting paypal to cut off flashcart vendor accounts (paypal isn't a bank, doing this is within their rights). The use of a prepaid visa card is to limit your losses to what is on the card, if the online vendor turns out to be an actual scam vendor.

Or better yet GBATemp's official sponsor http://nds-card.com/

I've worked with Gamekool before, they didn't scam me, but their customer service was crap, their shipping took too long, and they nearly screwed up my order until I corrected them before they shipped it.

Thank you both for actually answering my question, I'll be more careful in the future, thanks for your advise, Shipping is suppose o be between 10-12 business days. I used a debit card so my money should be safe. If it worked for Catboy then I'm going to keep the order, I detailed exactly what i wanted with the order....

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Just because you used debit, doesn't mean anything when it comes to safety. Sure, your bank may be looking out for you, but if a problem does arise, there is a chance they might not want to help you, especially because flash carts are highly frowned upon and are within a grey area of legality. Prepaid credit cards are the way to go, and I'd say, don't use your debit card next time, unless it is a well known trusted source like Zhuzhuchina. I've ordered 3 carts off of Zhuzhu and never had an issue, and I know of others who have had nothing but great experiences as well.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
In my experience, they weren't a scam site, but They are VERY unresponsive to customer service emails when I asked about replacing my flash cart. It was only after I posted a bad review that they responded. This was about 3 years ago, though.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because you used debit, doesn't mean anything when it comes to safety. Sure, your bank may be looking out for you, but if a problem does arise, there is a chance they might not want to help you, especially because flash carts are highly frowned upon and are within a grey area of legality. Prepaid credit cards are the way to go, and I'd say, don't use your debit card next time, unless it is a well known trusted source like Zhuzhuchina. I've ordered 3 carts off of Zhuzhu and never had an issue, and I know of others who have had nothing but great experiences as well.

Moot point because the bank does not nor do they need to know what you purchased.

Jean Karlo

Hacker Aspirant!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://shoptemp.net/shop/gamekool.html
some reviews here are from very legitimate members (I'm seeing RupeeClock in the list)

Id bought it based in those reviews, I already have the tracking number and all now. Customer service is mehh, 1 to 1.5 days for a response. I'll be more careful next time.
Thank you all.

Edit : I know there is a ''Where to buy flashcarts'' But it only shows 1 site per region, There should be more variety or a ''Where not to buy flashcarts'' thread, and sticked to the top of the page, Just saying it would be helpful for First time buyers.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is really surprising, as I've been in steady contact with them, and they've gotten back to me every single time. And I've been contacting them quite a bit these past three weeks. :O

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: