Is ''gamekool.com'' a scam??

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Jean Karlo, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Jean Karlo
    OP

Jean Karlo Hacker Aspirant!!!

Jun 1, 2013
    United States
    Hyrule
    Hey guys, I just bought a r4i gold from this website, But only after putting my money onto it i saw reviews claiming that it is a scam. Is it? They actually answered back quickly and friendly. I want to know what was your experience with this? Has any of you been scammed by this website or is legit??

2. geishroy

geishroy Suspended

Suspended
    Dec 10, 2008
    United States
    why don't people just buy from realhotstuff?

3. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina

That and zhuzhuchina.
    I really don't know why they choose other shops.

4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Because they Google, buy, and THEN ask us.

5. Walker D

Walker D I have a hat

Nov 15, 2009
    Brazil
    My home
    Or worst ...they buy, and then, they google something...

6. Jean Karlo
    OP

Jun 1, 2013
    United States
    Hyrule
    It was on shoptemp.net so i thought it was legit. Yeah, yeah, is my first time buying flashcart online, other than that i had bought them in actual stores. so, scam, i guess

7. Jean Karlo
    OP

Jun 1, 2013
    United States
    Hyrule
    It was on shoptemp.net so i thought it was legit. Yeah, yeah, is my first time buying flashcart online, other than that i had bought them in actual stores. so, scam, i guess

8. Jean Karlo
    This message by Jean Karlo has been removed from public view by Depravo, Jun 17, 2013.
    Jun 17, 2013
  9. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    people also look for the cheapest place they can find to buy it

buy it there
    wait
    hear nothing for a week
    then ask if it a here if it a bad place to buy it

10. manu-m3

manu-m3 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 25, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Gamekool is a good shop. I always bought there.

11. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    Nice... penta-post... dude...

I've heard of a good handful of people from here buying from Gamekool before. No memory of if it was good or bad, but you're definitely not the first.

tatripp likes this.
  12. Jean Karlo
    OP

Jun 1, 2013
    United States
    Hyrule
    Shitty blackberry browser, sorry.
    At least not the first, anyways Im looking to cancel my payment.

13. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view location.
    Most bad reviews come from first time buyers of flashcarts that have sometimes bad misconceptions due to buying from a local (as in the same country) online vendors.

Things like being use to instant order processing and shipping out the same day can give the wrong idea about ordering from international sites where shipping times can exceed 1 month due to customs, etc.
    Other things like no understanding of what actual customer service is, this is probably most evident right now with people trying to get a EZ-Flash IV for a gameboy micro right now.

Then there are those that just never post a good review, period.

A legitimate explanation of a poor rating is normally few or non existent.

----

gamekool is a HK online vendor. Shipping can take anywhere from 2-4 weeks depending on where you live in the world.

If you really do not like using a credit card, I suggest learning to use prepaid visa cards for sites you do not have first hand experience with. Don't expect the use of paypal as a payment option from flashcart vendors, nintendo made sure by getting paypal to cut off flashcart vendor accounts (paypal isn't a bank, doing this is within their rights). The use of a prepaid visa card is to limit your losses to what is on the card, if the online vendor turns out to be an actual scam vendor.

Jean Karlo likes this.
  14. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Or better yet GBATemp's official sponsor http://nds-card.com/

I've worked with Gamekool before, they didn't scam me, but their customer service was crap, their shipping took too long, and they nearly screwed up my order until I corrected them before they shipped it.

Jean Karlo likes this.
  15. Jean Karlo
    OP

Jun 1, 2013
    United States
    Hyrule

Thank you both for actually answering my question, I'll be more careful in the future, thanks for your advise, Shipping is suppose o be between 10-12 business days. I used a debit card so my money should be safe. If it worked for Catboy then I'm going to keep the order, I detailed exactly what i wanted with the order....

16. Xarsah16

Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

Oct 6, 2007
    Hyrule
    Just because you used debit, doesn't mean anything when it comes to safety. Sure, your bank may be looking out for you, but if a problem does arise, there is a chance they might not want to help you, especially because flash carts are highly frowned upon and are within a grey area of legality. Prepaid credit cards are the way to go, and I'd say, don't use your debit card next time, unless it is a well known trusted source like Zhuzhuchina. I've ordered 3 carts off of Zhuzhu and never had an issue, and I know of others who have had nothing but great experiences as well.

17. Costello

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
  18. TwinRetro

TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

Global Moderator
    Aug 29, 2008
    United States
    Las Vegas, NV
    In my experience, they weren't a scam site, but They are VERY unresponsive to customer service emails when I asked about replacing my flash cart. It was only after I posted a bad review that they responded. This was about 3 years ago, though.

19. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    Moot point because the bank does not nor do they need to know what you purchased.

20. Jean Karlo
    OP

Jun 1, 2013
    United States
    Hyrule

Id bought it based in those reviews, I already have the tracking number and all now. Customer service is mehh, 1 to 1.5 days for a response. I'll be more careful next time.
    Thank you all.

Edit : I know there is a ''Where to buy flashcarts'' But it only shows 1 site per region, There should be more variety or a ''Where not to buy flashcarts'' thread, and sticked to the top of the page, Just saying it would be helpful for First time buyers.

21. Ryukouki

Ryukouki See you later, guys.

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    That is really surprising, as I've been in steady contact with them, and they've gotten back to me every single time. And I've been contacting them quite a bit these past three weeks. :O