Is Excite Truck Worth It?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by domo kun, Feb 1, 2009.

Feb 1, 2009

Is Excite Truck Worth It? by domo kun at 4:19 AM (1,242 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. domo kun
    OP

Newcomer domo kun Advanced Member

Canada
    Hey, I was thinking about buying Excite Truck which for some reason I never thought about buying until I read a review for it in an old magazine which sparked my interest in it.

I want to buy it but I need to know, how long does the game last? Not including multiplayer how long does the campaign/tour/career mode last, are there any sort of challenges, or any unlockables? And if so, how long did it take you to do or get all those things?

Thanks to anyone who answers.

2. Forstride

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    It's a great game in my opinion. There are a handful of unlockable cars, and their stats are all different (Unlike some racing games where they're a lot alike). The custom soundtrack feature (Loading songs from SD card) really made the game better for me, since the OST isn't good in my opinion.

It's worth the money, as it's VERY replayable. The multiplayer is also fun, with - I think - three different modes.

3. dagreenone

Newcomer dagreenone Advanced Member

United States
    Amazing game! I got it shortly after launch and still pop it in occasionally. Excellent replay value and great controls.

There are a bunch of unlockable trucks, I still have a few that are really difficult to unlock.

4. domo kun
    OP

Canada

Thanks for the answers guys, I'm pretty much sold on this game. Too bad theres no online but I'll still probably be playing this a lot with my friends. Exactly how many unlockable cars are there though?

5. agentgamma

Member agentgamma I dont know what to put here

Antarctica
    I think around 15.

6. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    Go out and but it now!!!! The game was excellent. The game was great in so many ways. Im sure you'll be like me and sink hours into the game to get the coveted S rating on all courses.

7. domo kun
    OP

Canada
    It's probably cheaper than normal games too so I think I'll buy it as soon as I find it. For some reason I don't see it in stores very often.

8. DuskLord

Newcomer DuskLord Member

Finland
    Yeah, it's surely one of the better car games out there. Sometimes the action can get a tad too fast but it's still good. Having an optional custom soundtrack makes it a blast.

9. MADKATZ99

Member MADKATZ99 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    only 600mb or so to download hells yes its worth it!

I had fun with it, wouldn't pay anything above $50 au for it though... i seen mario party 8 in the shops for 100bucks along with most other wii games what the heck! Who pays that much for a mediocer game...

if your buying it for the multiplayer sides of things you'll be let down, its not bad for a quick raz around the track but theres not as much quality as single player.

getting 5 stars on everything will certainly keep you going and get your moneyz worth out of it [​IMG]

10. domo kun
    OP

Canada

I'm planning on buying this actually, I would never pirate a Wii game, but I understand why people in Australia do, the prices for games there are ridiculous from what I have heard.

11. Maktub

Member Maktub GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Spain
    Very fun, got me interested for a while even tho I'm not too much into car games.

12. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    I am glad that people are starting to recognize that. It is freakin ridiculous that we have to wait so long. But is always funny when my mates get a new game like Corruption and I finished it months ago.

13. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    What sucked me into this game was the controls. It handles muuuch better than Mario Kart Wii. I love this game.

14. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    I had this game at launch but dumped it probably 3-4mo later not putting more than probably 10hours on it. While it was fun I found the tilt control to not be as reliable or responsive as I would have liked. Also I will say though to be fair it did handle well just wasn't a comfy zone for me, but Mario Kart Wii controls sucked hard compared to this, so if you have that ExciteTruck is a severe upgrade. [​IMG] I think about going back and re-purchasing it as I've seen it for like $30 used these days and I'd be cool with that.