Is Elder Scrolls Morrowind any good?

yuki019

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think that Morrowind is a decent(playable) game. The only thing that is crappy about it is the graphics. Especially the guards of cities where their heads are bigger than their helmets.
laugh.gif

This is only my opinion though
tongue.gif

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
You'll only get that bug on certain gfx cards. The game is great, just uses a silly amount of resources to run.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Really good game in my opinion. I started playing it recently and was impressed. It's a lot of dialog though, and not as in voiceacting but as in text that you actually have to read. But despite that it's still fun.

And just in case you're going to play it, make sure you use Morrowinds Graphics Extender with it. Not only does it allow some extra options for graphics that Morrowind didn't offer back in the days. But you also get more resolutions to choose from and a bunch of other useful options.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
If you ever get bored of quests, just kill everyone in town and run from the guards
rofl2.gif

I have two saves, one if i ever get bored and one if i ever want to do the story.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I absolutely loved Oblivion and Fallout 3, but I kinda disliked Morrowind.
It was entertaining for 2 hours or so, but then I lost interest in it. It just feels like a major step backwards compared to those other 2.

ImpulsE69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Morrowind was a superior game to Oblivion...too bad everyone bases their opinions on graphics now :/ Too much time spent on making things look pretty, that's why most games these days aren't very good as a whole. If you want to really test yourself, find Daggerfall, Elder Scrolls 2...that one will make your eyes bleed
wink.gif

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'd agree that Morrowind was better overall. Gameplay wise it just has more to offer in my opinion.

I wonder if we'll see a new game in the Elder Scrolls series in 2010.
smile.gif

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
I would not suggest the install. This game is empty, no action and no challenge. I had it but now my copy is somewhere in the dump. Did not tough someone could be interested sorry for people who made it( if its you).

If you want a game that is worthwhile just tell us what you like there so many good games out there.

KrAzY3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.rydas.com
XP
Country
United States
CAP99 said:
Depravo said:
Graphics aside, I thought Morrowind was a better game than Oblivion.

Storyline or what?

Morrowind (especially with the two expansions [they also addressed a few issues with the game]) was better than Oblivion in my mind. Morrowind gave you a world of stark consequences, you could kill people required for quests, steal (if you were good enough) items that made you quite powerful and so on (for instance, I played the game never killing a named character since they could be tied to a quest).

Here's what it comes down to. Do you value the ability to do a lot of things, or do have a preference for linear games? In Morrowind you could ruin your game, or you could take advantage of the open ended gameplay and rack up quests, rewards and play both sides, becoming the top ranking member of adversarial groups. It had all the depth you could possibly want if you had patience. Oblivion dumbed it down and idiot proofed it some. Lest quests, item rewards based on your level (for perfectionists that means you can't complete the quests until you are high level). It was prettier and forced some balance but in my mind it wasn't better because it limited how you could play the game.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ImpulsE69 said:
Morrowind was a superior game to Oblivion...too bad everyone bases their opinions on graphics now :/ Too much time spent on making things look pretty, that's why most games these days aren't very good as a whole. If you want to really test yourself, find Daggerfall, Elder Scrolls 2...that one will make your eyes bleed
wink.gif

I don't base my opinion on graphics. I'm a big fan of the Wii, and the Wii doesn't have such great graphics.
For example, I love PES 2009 on Wii, but the graphics don't even come close to the Fifa games on the PS360.
But still, the gameplay is way better on Wii, so I like that one more then all the other footballgames out there.

I just think Morrowind is too much, I just don't understand the game and I was overwhelmed with all the possibilities. Usually I like that in a game, but with Morrowind it was too much and there wasn't enough info.

QUOTE(Joe88 @ Dec 22 2009, 11:39 PM) TES V is greatly needed
grog.gif

QFT, nothing heard of it though
frown.gif

Hopefully they are making it right now, I wouldn't be surprised if it was already 2 years in development.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox +1