Is cyclods safer dan R4?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Harmpie, Nov 26, 2008.

Nov 26, 2008

Is cyclods safer dan R4? by Harmpie at 1:32 PM (1,110 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Harmpie
    OP

Newcomer Harmpie Newbie

Netherlands
    Hello

I have a question.

I've buyed a R4ds a few months ago. I was playing PKMN mystery dungeon darkness. After a few times playing(and saved) I want again to this game and my save was gone! The only option there was is New Game. All my items, pokemon and everything I had is completely dissapeared. It seems my save is gone forever. It seems I must start all over again. This is very strange. The .sav file is still there.

Now i'm thinking of buying the Cyclods. I want to now if save games can vanish/dissapear without any reason with cyclods,too. (Asking if the Cyclods is safer to have you save files on without having them mysteriously vanishing/dissapearing/losing)

2. Eon-Rider

Member Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    The CycloDS is probably more reliable but you should understand that the MicroSD can become corrupt easily and you should take backups every once in a while regardless.

3. Harmpie
    OP

Newcomer Harmpie Newbie

Netherlands
    It is the problem of microsd and not the r4?

4. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    I have owned both the R4 and the Cyclo but I never had the problem on either cart. There is always a small chance your files may become corrupted on any cart, so it's always a good idea to back up save files regularly. No cart is "safer" than another (unless we were talking about crappy carts that brick your DS).

5. Harmpie
    OP

Newcomer Harmpie Newbie

Netherlands
    Saves can be corrupted at any card? Also on Cyclods? Is it safer to buy the real ones?

6. Chrono_Tata

Thailand
    Yeah, genuine carts are always safer.

We're not just talking about flashcarts here. Anything that uses a memory card has a chance of corrupting the card. It's always a good idea to back them up. If you have the Cyclo and get CycloEdit, it does it automatically for you, which is quite useful.

http://www.monroeworld.com/cycloedit/

Also, were you using the card reader that came with the R4? Those things are bad quality and are known to corrupt cards a lot. It's better if you buy a good card reader instead.

7. Harmpie
    OP

Newcomer Harmpie Newbie

Netherlands
    I use a microsd card reader (sd adapter) to put on/of games. I also backup often since it happen.

8. DemonWraith

Newcomer DemonWraith Member

United States
    Do you have suggestions on a 'good' card reader? I've been having trouble using the MicroSD-to-Regular SD card that came with the Micro card. It is Kingston, so I figured it would be ok. (Maybe my regular SD reader is hosed...) I have been using the reader that came with the Cyclo. It works fairly well but I've had a few formats and large transfers fail to finish.

9. Chrono_Tata

Thailand
    Personally, I use a MicroSD to SD adaptor and my laptop's built-in card reader, so I can't help you there...