OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For the past several months I've been under the impression that the Cyclo DS is the overall best flashcard for DS. But now I'm hearing more and more about Acecard 2i and M3i. In alot of the new "which card is best" threads those 2 DSi compatible cards seem to be preferred. However, I have a DS Lite so I wouldn't really need a DSi compatible card. Taking that into account would the Cyclo be best or one of the DSi compatible cards? I just checked the newest of the usual "which card is best" threads but I don't know if Cyclo DS is being passed up for lacking DSi support or not.

I already have an M3 Real and I've been fairly happy with it but I just got a 2nd DS Lite so I wanna get the current best card for it. Thanks.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CycloDS is no longer the best you can get. Especially if you value customer support, they've gotten very lazy lately. Plus it is overpriced to the point where it is garbage compared to other cards on the market.

If you like support, AK2 is the best way to go. It can be gotten for as little as $12-$13 and it has support from our own Normmatt and Smiths, among some other members here who make a kickass firmware for it, AKAIO.

And if I were you, I'd wait until more is revealed about Supercard DSTWO. It may turn out to be the new best card out there.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna go ahead and say that ak2 is not the best way to go.....if you have a dslite get the m3real perfect bundle or if you have a dsi get the m3i zero.....m3 team is always on top of updates and you get the choice of 3 different firmwares, sakura, touchpod and itouch...sakura being the best firmware out there for any flash cart. If you want a card you can trust is going to be updated go with an m3, never had a problem with any games as long as I was running the latest firmware.

pcmanrules

Trophies
Website
pcmanrules.geek.nz
XP
Country
New Zealand
I love my M3i Zero because it's fast, compatible and feature filled. I have no slowdown with a directory with 100+ games in it! I love the new sakura with automatic save backups, that's awesome! I'm getting an Acekard as a demonstration model in a few days though, then I can give a better point. Personally I would go with M3i Zero.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeh ive got my M3i and its great ( I dont have a Dsi ) but obv the Acekard is also meant to be the same standard (maybe higher) so it must be good.

The Cyclo is still a gr8 card to have but does cost triple wht the others cost and so is not fully worth it. If i were u i wud w8 to see some more details about the supercardtwo as this looks to be very promising

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
since when cycloDS was the king ? LOL
it is just being overrated on the european / american soil
smile.gif

i test my game with r4
i play my game with scds1 or ak2
i had never bother to use cyclods

EDIT:
if you can wait.. just wait a little longer for scds2
smile.gif

it sounds promising

swornsecrets

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your looking to get a card right now, I would go with either the M3i (or any M3 cart that best suits you) or the AK2i, I have both and havent had any problems out of either one. M3i has more features then the AK2i. I also heard that the EZ Vi was pretty good, cant really say as mine hasn't came yet. I don't really know much about the other carts as I havent tested them yet but like elixir said if you cant hold out to see how the SCDS2 is then I would go with that.

VicViper206

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we're not considering DSi compatible cards yes I'd still say it's the best but by a negligible amount . However would I say it's worth the cost? Even as a Cyclo owner, absolutely not. The card is way overpriced.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The CycloDS was never really the best, or worth it. Anything it has, at least one or two of the other cards can do. The Cyclo DS does abso-freaking-lutely nothing special anymore. And yet it's STILL overpriced, and overrated. For your money, Acekard or M3i Zero is the best of them. But the Supercard DSTWO might just surpass them all with SNES and GBA support
wub.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe CycloDS used to be on top at some point, but none of its features are exclusive anymore. Other carts have come along that do essentially the same thing as CycloDS. I think what endeared most people to the CycloDS is the fact that their site was in English and (when it came out) all the features it had.

The only thing the CycloDS seems to be a king at now is charging the piss out of you for it.

Don't get me wrong, I have, use and like the CycloDS myself, but I really hate how TC is totally silent on their forums, except to release an occasional firmware. I mean, they rapid-fired 3 updates in a row and now here we are about a month-and-a-half later and they haven't even posted a "we are still here" post on their forums. Other carts have fixed COP so you can play the original ROM and not a cracked one, but not TC. They haven't said squat about anything since they released FW 1.56b3. At least, not that I know about.

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Cyclo DS is still among the best, good build quality and good software. Unfortunately, since it doesn't support DSi consoles - and the fact it's more expensive, doesn't make it as popular as it used to be.

yokomoko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the feedback. I'm thinking about getting the M3i cuz I wanna get a card sooner rather than waiting for Supercard Ds2. Does the M3i have every feature that the M3 Real has? I mean particularly RTS and real time guide, I didn't see RTG mentioned in reviews. Also, are you forced to update the M3i with that little USB cable, or like most other cards can you just copy files to the card and be done with it?

And thanks everybody for your input as it is greatly appreciated.
smile.gif

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The cable if for flashing the updates that allow it to bypass firmware updates. You will at least have to flash it once if you ever want to use it since it comes blank. M3i0 = M3DS Real with DSi support.

Gagigagu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know why everyone says AK2 is such a great card. M3 Real is better since it has more firmware + features like RTS and RTG. Sure AKAIO firmware may have 100% compatibility, but so does every other card (Eventually). I'd rather pay like $4 more for extra features like real time save/guide, and an active team trying to implement new features all the time

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yokomoko said:
Thanks for the feedback. I'm thinking about getting the M3i cuz I wanna get a card sooner rather than waiting for Supercard Ds2. Does the M3i have every feature that the M3 Real has? I mean particularly RTS and real time guide, I didn't see RTG mentioned in reviews. Also, are you forced to update the M3i with that little USB cable, or like most other cards can you just copy files to the card and be done with it?

smile.gif

The M3i is the same as the M3 Real except for the fact that the M3i can be updated to work with the DSi's new updates and the M3 Real doesn't work with the DSi at all.

And things like global settings, real time guide, and deleting files inside the menu aren't mentioned in reviews because the M3 Team is constantly adding these new features every couple of weeks.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gagigagu said:
I don't know why everyone says AK2 is such a great card. M3 Real is better since it has more firmware + features like RTS and RTG. Sure AKAIO firmware may have 100% compatibility, but so does every other card (Eventually). I'd rather pay like $4 more for extra features like real time save/guide, and an active team trying to implement new features all the time
AKAIO has the fastest updates, thanks to Normmatt. In fact, other companies and even rom dumpers take his work as their own. If a flashcard company makes a firmware update to fix games, odds are good Normmatt made it.

S

sumarth

yokomoko said:

smile.gif

unfortunately m3 team does not release .nds file updates, so you must use the cable

there IS a rtg

m3i is a GREAT card

it has the best gui of all ds(i) flashcarts

i dont see what is so good about that batterysucking scds2

i never would bother to play a gba or snes if i have a DS

m3 team provides a dsm movie encoder, its not like you have issues playing vids on it

Get it from dealextreme.com for 21.38 or something (blue box, dont get the red box fake)

S

sumarth

granville said:
Gagigagu said:
AKAIO has the fastest updates, thanks to Normmatt. In fact, other companies and even rom dumpers take his work as their own. If a flashcard company makes a firmware update to fix games, odds are good Normmatt made it.

ak2(i) does not have an rts

even the $10 hyper-r4i s have an rts

i SCOFFF at aks

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sumarth said:
granville said:
Gagigagu said:

ak2(i) does not have an rts

even the $10 hyper-r4i s have an rts

i SCOFFF at aks

And I scoff at you for needing realtime save. Not every really gives a flying cow pie about RTS. Nor does everyone need it. It's just close to cheating. Just use the save feature that is IN THE GAME. Acekard and AKAIO still beat all of them. Besides, you DO KNOW that the latest R4 is by the M3 team...right? Moron.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: