Hacking Is blocking GAME updates feasible?

Dave_Chad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I find it really annoying that some games i have require updates and sometimes i simply cannot find them. Worms WMD asks for updates and the latest i can find i have installed!

Is there no possibility of a homebrew that blocks the check? How does the Switch know there an update without being online? I guess it's something to do with firmware updates containing info?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you set up a communication blocker such as Incognito or a DNS correctly, you shouldn't be getting any prompt for update, as for updates if you can't find them online, you can try HBG Shop.

Dave_Chad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you set up a communication blocker such as Incognito or a DNS correctly, you shouldn't be getting any prompt for update, as for updates if you can't find them online, you can try HBG Shop.

My Switch stays offline. However after updating the firmware it KNOWS there are new updates for games. I don't want to pay for HBG.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Switch stays offline. However after updating the firmware it KNOWS there are new updates for games. I don't want to pay for HBG.

You don't have to pay anything to use HBG Shop, it is free, you must have connected online once atleast for it tell you that there is an update for games available.

Dave_Chad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You don't have to pay anything to use HBG Shop, it is free, you must have connected online once atleast for it tell you that there is an update for games available.

I had no wireless access points set up on my emunand prior to enabling incognite and HBG crashes Atmosphere because of...childishness.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I had no wireless access points set up on my emunand prior to enabling incognite and HBG crashes Atmosphere because of...childishness.
hbgshop is just Tinfoil though. Tinfoil works fine on Atmosphere. It just won't work if it finds any Kosmos related files on the SD (because the dev is a shit)
Are you sure those are game updates the games are asking for and not a system update?

Dave_Chad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Definitely not a system update I know the difference but thanks!

Does that really work in Tinfoil to reset that I'll test after I finish my night shift [emoji50]

Does Lithium have this feature too?

Sent from my VOG-L09/Huawei P30 Pro

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely not a system update I know the difference but thanks!

Does that really work in Tinfoil to reset that I'll test after I finish my night shift [emoji50]

Does Lithium have this feature too?

Sent from my VOG-L09/Huawei P30 Pro

I believe lithium has it as well, yes. goto installed -> view title info -> view application record -> reset min req version

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey