Hacking Is Any Seagate FreeAgent Go Drive OK?

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just a quick question if anyone can answer. Basically is any seagate freeagent go usb2 2.5" drive suitable for USB Loader? I live in the UK, and was wondering if there was s specific part number I should be looking for.

Thanks in advance

User423

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think all FreeAgent Go drives work. When you got one, make sure that you disable the spindown-feature with the software on the HDD. (Set sleeptime to "never")
And yeah, I´m sure that is the best drive for the Wii.
wink.gif

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just read on a post in the forums here that you can't use the spindown software on a vista PC. Is this correct or has anyone else successfully disabled spindown via vista via the seagate software?

Cheers

xTimmy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I have both a 320GB and a 250GB and they both work very good, just use the Freeagent tools to disable spin down
Download FreeAgent Software .ZIP file (for Windows)
Now Supports 64-Bit Pcs (very helpful, i had to use someone elses the first time when i first bought it)

hope this helps

sekhu said:
Just read on a post in the forums here that you can't use the spindown software on a vista PC. Is this correct or has anyone else successfully disabled spindown via vista via the seagate software?

Cheers
It works for me on both Vista Home Premium 32 Bit and Vista Ultimate 64 Bit

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xTimmy said:
I have both a 320GB and a 250GB and they both work very good, just use the Freeagent tools to disable spin down
Now Supports 64-Bit Pcs (very helpful, i had to use someone elses the first time when i first bought it)

hope this helps

sekhu said:

Cheers

thanks for the prompt reply, glad to know it works. How exactly do you disable spindown using the software you mentioned. I don't get the actual drive until Tuesday but I installed the software and it gives you options to backup or encrypt but nothing saying spindown. I've installed both segate manager and seatools.

Thanks

xTimmy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
sekhu said:
xTimmy said:

hope this helps

sekhu said:

Cheers

thanks for the prompt reply, glad to know it works. How exactly do you disable spindown using the software you mentioned. I don't get the actual drive until Tuesday but I installed the software and it gives you options to backup or encrypt but nothing saying spindown. I've installed both segate manager and seatools.

Thanks

Utilities > Adjust Drive Sleep Intervals, Set to Never then hit apply
EDIT: On the new software, it is (assuming the drive has been plugged in) Click The 'My Drives' Tab >at the bottom click the 'Settings' button > then 'Adjust Power Settings' > click the scroll down menu and hit 'Never' > then click 'Apply' and your done

Here is a link to a guide i wrote that should help anyone out: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=157105

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
and the utility is already on the drive once you get it. use that version you get @ vista, the one you can dld has issues iirc
oh and use it before you format to wbfs, heard that's best

xTimmy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
manias said:
and the utility is already on the drive once you get it. use that version you get @ vista, the one you can dld has issues iirc

the one prepacked is an older one, stay up to date downloading from the site, the one on the hard drive has issues with vista, and gives an error when trying to install on a 64 bit system. also, it seems i had issues using the old software that were fixed in the new updated one. and a word of advice to anyone using Freeagent hard drives, when you reset, whether it be a hard reset or a soft reset, unplug, and replug your harddrive before trying to load from it, it seems to me sometimes it will give a code dump, and others it just wont be detected at all

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
xTimmy said:
manias said:

the one prepacked is an older one, stay up to date downloading from the site, the one on the hard drive has issues with vista, and gives an error when trying to install on a 64 bit system. also, it seems i had issues using the old software that were fixed in the new updated one. and a word of advice to anyone using Freeagent hard drives, when you reset, whether it be a hard reset or a soft reset, unplug, and replug your harddrive before trying to load from it, it seems to me sometimes it will give a code dump, and others it just wont be detected at all
other way around for me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...