Homebrew is a thing like wiiflow for the wii possible for the 3ds?? [3dsflow???]

Zephiroph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well seeing as I can't 'ride your ass'...(Is that legal in your state?) or complain about shit...I'd have to say yes it's possible...but sans rampant piracy I can see little point.

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
a 3ds rom loader??? that's a thing????

For flashcards it's possible, for CFW users not, the latter uses the format called "cias" which is a different but similar thing, they are comprised files from the eshop altered in order to play any kind of content.

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
oh... is a 3ds rom loader on ironhax possible???

It's more possible to play cias on it, they are almost the same thing (You can even convert 3ds roms to cias), so, technically, a 3ds *cia loader might be possible, but it's not already available, since there is no Kernel Exploits for firmwares 9.3 and up, some users like yellow9 are working to find a vulnerability on this, so, all you can do for the time being is to wait.

Reactions: DarkRioru

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be cool if that ever happened, a .3ds/.3dz rom loader for CFW. That way you wouldn't always have to have double the space for games and wait to install everything.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what about current emulators?? doesn't that count for piracy????
ppl pretend the answer is no but yes emulators are for piracy
the fact is big n still sells games form nes snes sega and so on so forth just not on there original systems and .gab .nes .etc are (unless hb are only licensed for use if you bought the game and ripped it yourself)
just not 3ds games without exploit

Last edited by wormdood,

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
That would be cool if that ever happened, a .3ds/.3dz rom loader for CFW. That way you wouldn't always have to have double the space for games and wait to install everything.
There is Socketpunch you know, this program eliminates the necessity for double space, and all you need is a moderately fast Internet in order to do that (Since Socketpunch is a program that allows you to install cias from the Internet).

what about current emulators?? doesn't that count for piracy????
There is Citra, but is barebones at the time being, but as any emulator, it will take quite some years until it's optimized at 100% without glitches, bugs or frame droppings, hell, if the PS2 emulator and Dolphin present some problems with certain games, of course 3DS will have this, it's more possible to have a CFW for 9.3 and up rather than an stable emulator, since an stable emulator takes quite more time than developing a CFW.

And yes, all that you asked is related to piracy, like it or not.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
T
There is Socketpunch you know, this program eliminates the necessity for double space, and all you need is a moderately fast Internet in order to do that (Since Socketpunch is a program that allows you to install cias from the Internet).

There is Citra, but is barebones at the time being, but as any emulator, it will take quite some years until it's optimized at 100% without glitches, bugs or frame droppings, hell, if the PS2 emulator and Dolphin present some problems with certain games, of course 3DS will have this, it's more possible to have a CFW for 9.3 and up rather than an stable emulator, since an stable emulator takes quite more time than developing a CFW.

And yes, all that you asked is related to piracy, like it or not.
Thanks, i had no idea that there was something like that for the 3ds.

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
T

Thanks, i had no idea that there was something like that for the 3ds.

Nah, no problem man, Socketpunch is kinda hidden since it wasn't as advertised rxtools or Reinand, but it's still a nice program, give it a shot, this thing will save you quite some time and space on your SD ;)

So, is OP's question finally answered?.

Reactions: cvskid

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

can you link me or is it the type-o-thing i cant ask for here

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
I just want to load my physical 3ds carts digitally without having to spend another $39.99+ just to get my games I already have physical...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

does socketpunch work on ironhax on 10.1???

As i said, any firmware with 9.3 and superior doesn't have the capabilities (for the moment) to load 3ds backups, Socketpunch will not work since cias can't be played nor installed on the 3DS with that firmware, all you can do right now if you only want to play games digitally is to buy Sky3DS, a flashcard that allows you to play 3DS roms, just put the 3DS roms on the folder of that flashcard, and you're ready to go, since Sky3ds works with any current firmware, you won't have problems with it.

can you link me or is it the type-o-thing i cant ask for here

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-socketpunch-gui-alternative-to-fbis-sockfile.386762/

Here it is, there you go.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to load my physical 3ds carts digitally without having to spend another $39.99+ just to get my games I already have physical...

no no no no 3ds roms with ironhax
:teach:

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States

nevermind... im an idiot for asking that... T_T

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1