ROM Hack Is a partial NAND flash/inject possible via hardware mod?

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure this is the right place to ask such a question...

Is there a way to flash back only a partial part image to the NAND?
I'm looking to flash back a modified NAND image to the 3DS.
After decrypting the fat16, doing whatever with it, recrypting/crypting the fat16, injecting it back into the NAND image then diff'ing the before and afters, it shows less than 20mb (actually a lot less) has changed.

I've seen some stuff using *nix DD command to do stuff with emunand, but is it possible to do it directly to SysNAND via a NAND hardware mod?

I've been doing a bunch of testing recently and written the almost 1GB to my 3DS as many times.
If it's possible, then it'll take less time and cause less wear (on the whole) to the NAND.

Again, not looking for anyone to code anything, I'm just wondering if such a tool is available already.
Thanks all.
Cheers.

overlord00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
the correct term is "patch" your nand
fair enough. thanks for the tip.

I know you can do this sort of thing with the 360 with XELL and the like (ie: just flashing or 'patching' the first 16mb), but I am unsure if it is possible with the 3DS.

overlord00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just because your diff file is 16mb (or 20mb in your case) it doesn't mean that it is the first 16mb (or 20mb).
Also, it's definitely not the first 20mb at all. I'll have to seek into the file to make sure it starts at the right offset. It's a fair way into the file.

Thanks for that. I'll do some reading.
Also, I asked if it could be done with DD. I wasn't asking how DD was used. I'm just going to now assume you know what you're talking about and that this will work. cheers.

EDIT:
OK, I didn't look enough into this. There isn't just the 20mb consecutive data. There is more spread out... That is to say from my original original dump to my latest dump.
Between dumps doesn't seem that bad.
I'm gonna keep looking into this to see if it's possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: I met you in my dreams.