Hardware Is 3DS worth buying right now?

Lockon Stratos

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was looking at the list of games coming onto the 3DS and I have to say that one of the most appealing ones to me was Tales of the Abyss port. I'm a massive fan of the tales series and I think this game itself would be something to veer me towards buying a 3DS. If not perhaps it would be a plan for the future. What do you think?

andre0407

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Bless the price cuts on consumer electronics when the festivities come around the corner. So yes, probably hold up till then?

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
November onwards - i would say, is the best period.

I think this pretty much sums it up, if you've never played OoT or SF64 like me then buy them and a 3DS now and they should last you till the "proper" games come out unless you have way too much free time. If you've already played them and you don't feel like doing so again then wait until Super Mario 3D Land and MK7 come out, these look amazing and a true introduction to the 3DS as opposed to the current offerings. I wouldn't wait for a new revision just because of the slide pad, if money is really tight and you feel the current battery is inadequate then you should but personally I think you'll be missing out. I really don't think the extra slide pad will be mandatory and it'll be more like the d-pad where it's used in games that need it, plus the chances are some 3rd party accessory maker will release their own version that doesn't look as beefy, hell it might even have a built in battery to solve both problems.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me, not till Super Smash Bros. comes out.
Oo didn't know there was a Super Smash Bros. coming out on it. That makes it something more interesting to look into, I'll see to it that I look up the new SSB game.
There's not much info on it other than it is in development. Well to my knowledge anyways.

Oh yeah, and that it will somehow tie in with the WiiU Version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.