• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Iran's President dies in helicopter crash

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iran's President, Ebrahim Raisi, as well as Iran's foreign minister and several other officials have died in a helicopter crash in Iran's mountainous northern region, as reported by Iran state media. Intense fog likely contributed to the crash, which took several hours to locate after the crash was confirmed. No foul play is suspected.

This tragedy has created a power vacuum in the Iran government, leaving the country without a president. It's possible that this event could shift Iran's stance and international relations, such as with the ongoing Israel-Hamas war.

Raisi was a hardline conservative criticized for his involvement in the execution of political prisoners in 1988. He assumed the presidency in 2021, although many observers suspected a rigged election in favor of Raisi.

Source via PBS: https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politi...er-crash-in-moment-of-high-tension-for-region

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I hope this power vacuum doesn't lead to a yet worsened situation regarding local and global peace.
When you think you know bad the world can always come back at you to surprise you.

Reactions: CoolMe

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Ebrahim Raisi was a murderer of political dissidents, to the point of being called The Butcher. He's a war criminal. Hopefully there wasn't enough of him to scrape off the cliffside for a proper burial.

The people of Iran are cheering for this guy's death, and to give you an idea of how horrible Iran's government is, the law is threatening citizens with death if they're to continue celebrating the demise of a murderer. So Iran is still doomed to suffer, but at least they're down one evil person.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd wager he was probably warned about flying in those conditions too, and yelled at whoever gave him the warning. Good riddance. Now if we could get Putin, Netanyahu, and Trump to all take a high-altitude helicopter fog tour as well, we'd be golden.
If only that waste of space from UK had suffered the same 'ffect..

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    although im off school that day
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    today is the 7th anniversary of Captain Underpants, which was actually a surprisingly good movie
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's been around since I was in elementary
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, i recall watching it on fox
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Who watches FOX nowadays? Only reason to get alt-right viewers interested.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that was like when i was 10
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, We didn't have FOX Kids over here, back then it was Jetix.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Similar to FOX Kids. I remember when Sonic X aired.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the latin american fox feed doesnt air news, it airs movies and tv shows
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ah, I see.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i wasnt even born when fox kids/jetix was alive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also a couple years ago latin american fox got renamed to star channel
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry
    i thought you didnt read the last couple messages before quoting you agin
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ah sonic x, that show is valid
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (of course the mf with a sonic pfp would say that 😭)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you are not dumb or stupid, you need to stop saying that, you are very smart, even about alot of things I have no clue about. We all love you here, like a big family.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah @BigOnYa love me so much he started yelling at me for having my shoes on in the bed when he caught me with his wife
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, I don't want mud crumbs in my bed, and btw you left without paying your tab. Ill add it to next month but getting tired of extending.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hope silent hill 2 turns out good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen that, hope so too, the first was so epic back then.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Didn't look into much is it just a remake
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing drive me crazy is all these new horror games nowadays is its so dark, all time. I can't even play them. I understand they trying to create spooky but be creative a little, not just darkness with pop out scare scenes.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Only thing drive me crazy is all these new horror games nowadays is its so dark, all time. I...