Iranian Super Sniper turns out to be Medal of Honor footage

Iranian and Saudi Arabian TV has been airing footage of a "Super Sniper" taking out half a dozen ISIS (ISIL) fighters with an "Arash" gun (a firearm local to them). They have dubbed him the Hezbollah sniper and have been touting him as some sort of war hero.

Recently, it came to the public's attention that what they were airing was actually just footage from EA's Medal of Honor, and every trace of it has been pulled from TV and their website, but you can still watch the "footage" on YouTube:

:arrow: Source

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iranian and Saudi Arabian TV has been airing footage of a "Super Sniper" taking out half a dozen ISIS (ISIL) fighters with an "Arash" gun (a firearm local to them). They have dubbed him the Hezbollah sniper and have been touting him as some sort of war hero.

Recently, it came to the public's attention that what they were airing was actually just footage from EA's Medal of Honor, and every trace of it has been pulled from TV and their website, but you can still watch the "footage" on YouTube:

:arrow: Source

Wow, I'm truly shocked to hear it wasn't fox news reporting this as fact XD

Nema

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems the OP is bullshtting. Do you have anything to support your claim that Saudi and Iranian channels showed the video? The Saudi channel has no reason to show anything about Hizbollah and most of Hizbollah videos are showed directly from Hizbollah in ALMANAR channel so most likely your claim is bullshit.

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems the OP is bullshtting. Do you have anything to support your claim that Saudi and Iranian channels showed the video? The Saudi channel has no reason to show anything about Hizbollah and most of Hizbollah videos are showed directly from Hizbollah in ALMANAR channel so most likely your claim is bullshit.

Yes, in fact you could view the footage on their website: http://www.yjc.ir/fa/news/5501213/شکار-ماهرانه-داعشی-ها-به-دست-تک-تیرانداز-حرفه-ای-مدافع-حرم-فیلم

Before they took it down, that is...

Nema

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

MionissNio

Trophies
XP
No wonder why we even have terrorist in those countries. :facepalm:.

But this gives me an idea, why not develop turrets and them to Iran and let gamers do the shooting? They are better at it than the countries military anyway.

koz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I dub him the Hezbollocks sniper. :gun::bow:

Perhaps the Iranians call their version of the game - Medal of Allah. :yay::glare:

Reactions: migles

Super.Nova

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I'm Saudi and I never seen this video on Saudi TV.
I know it for a fact they're dumb enough to do something like this but I'm honestly surprised they didn't.

Do you have a source for the Saudi one?
I'm asking out of genuine curiosity as I intend to release a YouTube video about this very subject (not looking into things while airing them as facts).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu