FlashX007

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how this happened but when I was transferring a movie I got over to the computer the iPod corrupted. It won't sync with iTunes no more. I tried everything including wiping out all of the games and media I had on the iPod. At the last resort I decided to get Cydelete and deleted all of the cydia plugins I had from the iPod as well and still no success.

This is the last resort but I am now in progress of restore and updating the iPod. I am writing this topic to see if anybody sees that as a bad option or if they have any other opinion they want to give me to help me with this problem.

I am worried the restore and update might brick the iPod or something like that but I don't know what else to do....

I appreciate any advice.

EDIT: If it works I will be on 5.0.1. Is there jailbreakme yet for 5.0.1 or is it still tethered?

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, there are untethered jailbreaks for the latest software versions. :)
I'm gonna be honest with you, there is nothing on the face of planet earth that can simplify the jailbreaking process more than GBAtemp's Complete iOS Jailbreak Guide.

I always had to worry about updating and had to thoroughly research the internet for new/different jailbreaks. The guide has served me well.
Hope this helps.

FlashX007

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The iPod was successfully restored and updated! It will take me an hour to fully get it back to the way it was but I am happy. At least I used this as an excuse to upgrade to 5.0.1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk