RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Hell, come to Canada and at every concert or sporting event or something like that, people are taking pictures, recording videos of history making moments and everything. Nobody does anything.

shows you how OPPRESSING the United States is becoming.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
stanleyopar2000 said:
QUOTE said:
Hell, come to Canada and at every concert or sporting event or something like that, people are taking pictures, recording videos of history making moments and everything. Nobody does anything.

shows you how communistic the United States is becoming.
You have no idea what Communism really is do you? If you did, you won't have even made that statement.

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Catboy said:
stanleyopar2000 said:
QUOTE said:

shows you how OPPRESSING the United States is becoming.
You have no idea what Communism really is do you? If you did, you won't have even made that statement.

there. fixed.

and people saying this is not going to happen because apple is not commenting.

HELLO: Apple didn't say a peep about the "consolidated.db" un-removable tracking and actually denied it.

just because they haven't commented..doesn't mean that they are not already implementing the feature in their new fucking iOS 5 build.

however, to argue on the other side : there has been some Apple patents that were failsafe killswitch anti jailbreak technology (that would even take a photo of your face) that haven't seen the light of day yet. Perhaps this is just a concept and theory.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
of Canada, so I could be wrong when it comes down to Canadian law.
But here in the US, recording movies (I am not talking about home videos, I am talking about Hollywood movies), sports games, concerts, ect. Are against copyright laws and I can't blame Apple for not wanting their product to be used to violate them.

I know about the Hollywood movies being illegal, but sports games? I find that hard to believe considering during the NHL season and everything, you can find on tv people with cameras and everything taking pictures and recording parts of the game. Same with Concerts. If it actually was illegal, Youtube would have removed them and that person would have been prosecuted.

I think there's more to that law than what we know, like there's a second law or something that expands on that.

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
But here in the US, recording movies (I am not talking about home videos, I am talking about Hollywood movies), sports games, concerts, ect. Are against copyright laws and I can't blame Apple for not wanting their product to be used to violate them.

I know about the Hollywood movies being illegal, but sports games? I find that hard to believe considering during the NHL season and everything, you can find on tv people with cameras and everything taking pictures and recording parts of the game. Same with Concerts. If it actually was illegal, Youtube would have removed them and that person would have been prosecuted.

I think there's more to that law than what we know, like there's a second law or something that expands on that.

couldn't a 3rd party camera app bypass this shit?

after all...sounds like its targeting the official stock camera app

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ShadowSoldier said:

Since I haven't caught up on this law in quite some time, so I went and looked it up, from what I understand it's only illegal if you try to sell the recording for profit. At least for Sports games. The problems is no one can prove if you are or are not recording it for profit, so this is a really confusing law once you look at it.
I am both wrong and right at the same time when it comes down to this topic.

carddriver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an idea of what communism is. 40 million dead in Russia 60 dead in china. Lack of any freedom. Just look how well it's working in Cuba. It throws everyone into abject misery except for the party officials and it's never worked. Everyone who's ever lived under it would risk their lived to escape it. That's communism.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
stanleyopar2000 said:
ShadowSoldier said:

couldn't a 3rd party camera app bypass this shit?

after all...sounds like its targeting the official stock camera app
Sure, and then the 3rd party camera application gets removed and its developer's developing privledges get stripped.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
carddriver said:
I have an idea of what communism is. 40 million dead in Russia 60 dead in china. Lack of any freedom. Just look how well it's working in Cuba. It throws everyone into abject misery except for the party officials and it's never worked. Everyone who's ever lived under it would risk their lived to escape it. That's communism.
Actually that's not Communism, that is bullshit fed to people to hate Communism because they are too ignorant to actually look into what it really is
Now if you look at the history of Capitalism, it has just as many skeletons in it's closet as well, but you don't see everyone dragging that up now do you?

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I think Apple is being a total -derp- with this move.

I always disliked Apple because of their DRM crap, now I hate them even more because they have ultra-below-minimum-wedge workers, SLAVING on iPad2s AND because of this "advanced anti-piracy shut-off the cameras" protection.
Hell while were at it! Why not brick the phone if you attempt to put a movie that you "downloaded" from the internet and play it on your phone, after it auto-dials the cops and the FBI so the feds can be up your arse while having a bricked phone!

I for one, will NEVER buy an Apple product, EVER.
I like Android, most of the apps on the Android Marketplace are free, this includes a number of games like Angry Birds and the like.
Also, Google does not pull off stupid crap like "locking down the use of your cameras."
We were all "controlled" enough by our parents, if a multi-billion dollar corporation want's to tell me what I can and cannot do with the $500.00 piece of equipment, then they can go burn in a fire!

I think that all current iPhone owners should Jailbreak their iPhones (News flash! It's not illegal!) and SMS THE FINGER to Apple!
They should also put the Windows 7 Logo on all of their stores.
As well for being hacked by Lulzsec and Anonymous.

Stupid, white-box loving, consumer controlling iJerkish iTards!

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ShadowSoldier said:

Since I haven't caught up on this law in quite some time, so I went and looked it up, from what I understand it's only illegal if you try to sell the recording for profit. At least for Sports games. The problems is no one can prove if you are or are not recording it for profit, so this is a really confusing law once you look at it.

So basically if Apple goes through with this, people have a right to be upset. Apple is both right and wrong in doing it. So why even do it in the first place?! It's not like there has been a big outcry of people recording video and selling it.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ShadowSoldier said:
ShadowSoldier said:

So basically if Apple goes through with this, people have a right to be upset. Apple is both right and wrong in doing it. So why even do it in the first place?! It's not like there has been a big outcry of people recording video and selling it.
Yeah pretty much.
Apple feels like covering their ass in case something like this happen in the near future? Honestly I have no idea, I am not really defending Apple myself, I am just pointing out there is a copyright law.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's an IR beam, then why not just put an IR filter on the iphone lens. Seems like a stupid technology to rely on when there exists innumerable ways around it.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DJ91990 said:
I think Apple is being a total -derp- with this move.

I always disliked Apple because of their DRM crap, now I hate them even more because they have ultra-below-minimum-wedge workers, SLAVING on iPad2s AND because of this "advanced anti-piracy shut-off the cameras" protection.
Hell while were at it! Why not brick the phone if you attempt to put a movie that you "downloaded" from the internet and play it on your phone, after it auto-dials the cops and the FBI so the feds can be up your arse while having a bricked phone!

I for one, will NEVER buy an Apple product, EVER.
I like Android, most of the apps on the Android Marketplace are free, this includes a number of games like Angry Birds and the like.
Also, Google does not pull off stupid crap like "locking down the use of your cameras."
We were all "controlled" enough by our parents, if a multi-billion dollar corporation want's to tell me what I can and cannot do with the $500.00 piece of equipment, then they can go burn in a fire!

I think that all current iPhone owners should Jailbreak their iPhones (News flash! It's not illegal!) and SMS THE FINGER to Apple!
They should also put the Windows 7 Logo on all of their stores.
As well for being hacked by Lulzsec and Anonymous.

Stupid, white-box loving, consumer controlling iJerkish iTards!

unlike google that archives every conversation, email and search you've ever made on the internets. takes pictures of your private property and displays it on their maps. or game companies with crazy as anti piracy measures that do in fact brick your system if breached. friend codes that keep you from connecting with random people for online play.

but i'm sure those things would only be bad if apple was the culprit.

i don't understand hatred for companies one doesn't even use.

lordrand11

The Wheel of Time Turns and Ages Come And Pass.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:

Generally yeah. Piracy in governmental sense is considered theft with the intention to make a profit. Not recording a movie, video game, cd, whatever else.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
ShadowSoldier said:
So say for example, I'm a father. My kid is at elementary school on stage about to do some stupid play about Santa Clause. I don't have a video recorder except my iPhone, which already records HD video. Does that mean I'm not allowed to record my son's play?

This is just stupid, this is going to do nothing but piss off a lot of people. People have a right to record little snippets of concerts that they attend to just keep for memory sake.
I don't think that really counts. This is about recording something like Green Day for example, even if you are or are not distributing it, that is still against copyright laws and is illegal. This is Apple enforcing a real law here.
Recording your kid's play which lacks any kinda copyright protection isn't even close to being what this is about.

And how exactly are they supposed to stop people from recording it or taking pictures? They can't.

If people upload a full video or something to youtube, that's youtube's job to get rid of it. This is just stupidity on Apple's part. Not to mention it's a stupid ass law (if it even is one).
it was already said, the stages will send out some sort of IR beam that when the camera detects, will automatically stop recording

and people do that everywhere in america too, some places are stricter than others, depends on where you are and what you're seeing

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh. It's what happens when the same phone is so widespread. Android won't see this problem. Google'd know it'd be stupid to try something like it with a relatively-open source phone. Too easily to get around it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, without the l