Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
nando said:
Urza said:
Protip: technology advances over time.

Each iteration of the iPhone has brought performance increases which weren't possible during the timeline of the previous. Both the 3GS and 4 introduced entirely new chipsets which significantly increased performance.

but jamstruth is right. Apple should sell 5 year old technology to new customers to protect the investments of older customers because that's the way apple haters that would never buy an apple product in the first place feel that a TECHNOLOGY company should operate.
That wasn't the point. yes technology advances over time BUT if you buy an Apple product on its launch day you know that the same time next year they're gonna release a new revision, and stop selling the old one. If I buy a mobile phone, sure I know it'll be kinda old by next year but there probably won't have been another revision of the exact same phone. It will have been an entirely new phone that came out, running entirely different software etc. that my phone could never run.

its a bit of a silly argument, I know, but Apple are only doing hardware revisions on the iTouch and iPhone these days. The software is remaining pretty much the same and the fact that you KNOW your phone will be replaced (not another model out on the market but replaced) the next year is quite annoying.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
That wasn't the point. yes technology advances over time BUT if you buy an Apple product on its launch day you know that the same time next year they're gonna release a new revision, and stop selling the old one. If I buy a mobile phone, sure I know it'll be kinda old by next year but there probably won't have been another revision of the exact same phone. It will have been an entirely new phone that came out, running entirely different software etc. that my phone could never run.

its a bit of a silly argument, I know, but Apple are only doing hardware revisions on the iTouch and iPhone these days. The software is remaining pretty much the same and the fact that you KNOW your phone will be replaced (not another model out on the market but replaced) the next year is quite annoying.
You seem to be looking at it from a feature phone vs iOS comparison, when iOS is really a mobile computing platform (eg a smartphone/PDA). Feature phones tend to be widely different from phone to phone because they're not targetted towards power users, and rarely have the types of focused teams that are backing smartphone platforms like WinMo, Android, BBOS, etc; they don't have as much of a vested interest in maintaining/improving on the same experience. If you look at the evolution of any of those platforms you'll see that your points really aren't exclusive to Apple at all.

QUOTEJesus christ, Iphone 4 just got released and theyre allready planning a Iphone 5!? 50 bucks its gonna be done in at least 7 months
I'll take that bet, as it's competely illogical for them to release a product with this concept next year.

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
SPH73 said:
iPhone 5: 2011
iPhone 6: 2012
iPhone 7: 2013
iPhone 8: 2014
iPhone 9: 2015
iPhone 10: 2016
iPhone 11; 2017
iPhone 12: 2018

etc, etc, etc...
Those names are just horrible. I just hope they won't name ALL of their iPhone devices like that
huh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgwfObY-WDQ