1. Advi

Advi GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I call not being an irresponsible child with money a good reason...

2. Urza

Urza hi

United States
    If a meager amount of money such as a hundred dollars over the course of three months is significant enough to deter you from getting the device for that long, then I imagine you shouldn't be spending those hundreds of dollars on the frivolous gadget anyways, because you're clearly not in the financial position to do so.

3. Advi

Advi GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    How about just not having an iWhatever for a few months? Is it that hard??

I don't see why you have to have it as soon as its around. It's a luxury, not a necessity.

4. Urza

Urza hi

United States
    Because to anyone with any amount of income or financial stability, the benefit of having the device outweighs the 30 dollars a month deposit for "upgrade risk"?

5. Advi

Advi GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    ....what?

6. BakuFunn

BakuFunn Flameproof.

United States
    Just because you have money doesn't mean you should spend it frivolously.
    Why take the plunge when it's the final stretch?

If said person really wanted this device, he would have gotten it last year.

And this year's "upgrade risk" for the iPod Touch seems pretty high. High-res, that is, if you know what I mean.

7. XtremeCore

XtremeCore GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I saw the press conference. The addition of gyroscope is kinda meh to me, but the GPS as the 6th motion sensor is freakin' cool (even though the demo is quite simple during the Press).

Now I'm wondering if 3DS would include that ... hmm ?

8. fgghjjkll

fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

As usual,
    This new chat will revolutionise the way we chat! It has a back camera so peds don't have to look at you, instead, they see what you see!

Try use a word other than "revolutionary", "epic", "awesome", etc.
    Everyone knows it's just an overpriced piece of shit.

9. tylerxian

tylerxian GBAtemp Regular

United States
    *sigh* The new iPhone 4th Gen looks great, though I wouldn't want to spend $600 or so on it (without contract), since I like my current T-Mobile contract. I don't believe the iPhone 3GS is as cheap as everyone says it is. I'm talking about the monthly cost of the phone/data plan and once it's been released for 3-5 months, the price of the iPhone 4G will drop (Craigslist). So I'll wait for the price drop on Craigslist or maybe even get myself a iPod Touch 4th Gen if it comes out (with all of the same features as the iPhone without phone aspect).

10. OSW

OSW Wii King
    Former Staff

Ok. Let me begin by saying I'm an android fanboy and am planning to get a Samsung Galaxy S, assuming it's released in aus in the next month or so.

Here's my commentary on the iphone 4 (in comparison to the galaxy s) that I posted in another forum.
    My key points are that I really prefer android because the system is open and has more comprehensive features. However, the design of the Iphone is quite beautiful.

Read on if you wanna read the full thing.

11. Anakir

Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    Is it actually gonna be just $200 before tax for Iphone 4? That seems kind of cheap. I thought phones would generally go for $400 - the ones that are decent at least and aren't contracted with phone service providing companies. Would it be $200 with some kind of contract attached? If so, I'm just going to sell my 3g and pay whatever's left to get an Iphone 4.

12. luke_c

luke_c Big Boss

It's obviously going to be contracted, something like £40 a month for a year sounds about right, if i'm lucky, I might find a deal for something like £15 a month over two years, i'd be happy with that.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - announced, iPhone,