Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
Or you could use your brain, buy it now, sell it in September, and then buy the new one if the improvements are significant enough to warrant it.

Instead of going three months without one for no reason.
I call not being an irresponsible child with money a good reason...

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Advice Fox said:
Urza said:
Or you could use your brain, buy it now, sell it in September, and then buy the new one if the improvements are significant enough to warrant it.

I call not being an irresponsible child with money a good reason...

So spending the same amount of money in that time span on a data plan, while also locking yourself into a two year contract is the smarter move?
rolleyes.gif

BakuFunn said:
QUOTE(Urza @ Jun 7 2010, 08:51 PM)
Or be even less foolish, buy it now, sell it in September, and then buy the new one.

Too bad you can't sell used products for full price. If money is a problem, saving those hundred or so bucks would mean a lot. And going three months without an iPod Touch is not unbearable.
If a meager amount of money such as a hundred dollars over the course of three months is significant enough to deter you from getting the device for that long, then I imagine you shouldn't be spending those hundreds of dollars on the frivolous gadget anyways, because you're clearly not in the financial position to do so.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
How about just not having an iWhatever for a few months? Is it that hard??

I don't see why you have to have it as soon as its around. It's a luxury, not a necessity.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Advice Fox said:

I don't see why you have to have it as soon as its around. It's a luxury, not a necessity.
Because to anyone with any amount of income or financial stability, the benefit of having the device outweighs the 30 dollars a month deposit for "upgrade risk"?

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
Advice Fox said:

Because to anyone with any amount of income or financial stability, the benefit of having the device outweighs the 30 dollars a month deposit for "upgrade risk"?
....what?

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
Advice Fox said:

Just because you have money doesn't mean you should spend it frivolously.
Why take the plunge when it's the final stretch?

If said person really wanted this device, he would have gotten it last year.

And this year's "upgrade risk" for the iPod Touch seems pretty high. High-res, that is, if you know what I mean.

XtremeCore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw the press conference. The addition of gyroscope is kinda meh to me, but the GPS as the 6th motion sensor is freakin' cool (even though the demo is quite simple during the Press).

Now I'm wondering if 3DS would include that ... hmm ?

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
As usual,
This new chat will revolutionise the way we chat! It has a back camera so peds don't have to look at you, instead, they see what you see!

Try use a word other than "revolutionary", "epic", "awesome", etc.
Everyone knows it's just an overpriced piece of shit.

tylerxian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
*sigh* The new iPhone 4th Gen looks great, though I wouldn't want to spend $600 or so on it (without contract), since I like my current T-Mobile contract. I don't believe the iPhone 3GS is as cheap as everyone says it is. I'm talking about the monthly cost of the phone/data plan and once it's been released for 3-5 months, the price of the iPhone 4G will drop (Craigslist). So I'll wait for the price drop on Craigslist or maybe even get myself a iPod Touch 4th Gen if it comes out (with all of the same features as the iPhone without phone aspect).

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok. Let me begin by saying I'm an android fanboy and am planning to get a Samsung Galaxy S, assuming it's released in aus in the next month or so.

Here's my commentary on the iphone 4 (in comparison to the galaxy s) that I posted in another forum.
My key points are that I really prefer android because the system is open and has more comprehensive features. However, the design of the Iphone is quite beautiful.

Read on if you wanna read the full thing.
QUOTE said:
Iphone 4 is one of the first apple products I'm somewhat impressed by, despite my generally negative opinion of the company (due to some past product experiences etc).

I especially like how they use the steel band as part of the antenna system, from a practical and aesthetic design standpoint. I assume this will improve reception/broadcast, although by how much remains to be seen. Durability also seems to be a huge winner, possibly worrisome for the all plastic galaxy s.

I'm also impressed by the resolution of the screen, particularly in the wake of the negatives I've read about the galaxy's screen using pentile subpixels (in this forum). However, job's claim that IPS screens are better than oleds is yet to be proven, so I am curious to see an unbiased comparison against the galaxy's super amoled.
I suspect that the iphone 4 will come out better in resolution given that it sports a higher resolution in a smaller 3.5 screen (so also higher pixel density), and assuming that samsungs pentile screens have reduced clarity (I'm no expert, but that's how i've interpreted what I've read). On most other aspects I expect the galaxy s screen to be better – power consumption, contrast, viewability/size (4inch) etc.

I'd also be interested to see comparisons of the battery life and cameras. The cameras are both 5MP and can record 720p video (iphone has led flash which sounds great, but we don't know yet who will produce the best images overall). Battery life differences are a bit inconclusive based on official specs, but I'm skeptical of the iPhone battery based on past apple experiences.

Iphone 4 takes the bragging rights for slimmest phone, but only by .6 of a millimetre lol, (pretty much invisible). The height and width are also slightly smaller on iphone4, about 5 or 6mm on each, which is to be expected along with a smaller screen. Galaxy s weighs about 18g less, possibly at the expense of durability :S

Processor seems to be fairly similar, but yet to be tested. Performance I guess is also likely to be highly dependent on the OS, which leads me to my final point, that I personally prefer android for a few reasons including -

- DLNA and video/music support (a HUGE winner for me – DivX, mkv, flac support, DLNA streaming to PS3 etc FTW!)
- Advantages and freedom given by open source software. There's nothing worse than a feature not being supported out of DRM fears or other bullshit – see microsoft/apple (video support, browser flash etc).

From my biased fanboy perspective: Join the google brigade I say xD

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it actually gonna be just $200 before tax for Iphone 4? That seems kind of cheap. I thought phones would generally go for $400 - the ones that are decent at least and aren't contracted with phone service providing companies. Would it be $200 with some kind of contract attached? If so, I'm just going to sell my 3g and pay whatever's left to get an Iphone 4.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Anakir said:
Is it actually gonna be just $200 before tax for Iphone 4? That seems kind of cheap. I thought phones would generally go for $400 - the ones that are decent at least and aren't contracted with phone service providing companies. Would it be $200 with some kind of contract attached? If so, I'm just going to sell my 3g and pay whatever's left to get an Iphone 4.
It's obviously going to be contracted, something like £40 a month for a year sounds about right, if i'm lucky, I might find a deal for something like £15 a month over two years, i'd be happy with that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4