iPhone 2G?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Thoob, Jan 29, 2010.

Jan 29, 2010

iPhone 2G? by Thoob at 5:54 PM (1,046 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Thoob
    OP

Member Thoob LOLmonade.

United Kingdom
    I was looking around eBay the other day, and noticed that you can now pick up an iPhone 2G for around £150.
    This would replace my 4GB iPod Nano 3G and my LG KS360 phone.
    Is it still worth buying one? I would be looking to jailbreak and unlock it (using blackra1n).

2. Hardkaare

Member Hardkaare GBAtemp Fan

Vietnam
    I wouldn't buy this since the upcomming 4.0 software will be 3G and 3GS only.

3. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    Its too slow.

4. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    I did the same thing 2 years ago (3GS wasn`t around yet).

I had an iPod Nano 3rd Gen and a pretty common slider phone by Siemens (I don`t even remember the name [​IMG]) and I just wanted to have one device for music and phoneing-purposes rather than a mp3-player and mobile-phone separately and since I really liked how the Nano menus and overall usage was I chose the iPhone (2G, because I don`t use 3G at all...)!

I never regretted my decision, since the iPhone is an iPod with a nice phone built in and with a jailbreak you can have tons of apps with all kinds of different purposes. But some things, like the cam and some other things, are not as good as they should be...

5. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    If you're on a budget, I would actually recommend getting an iTouch 3rd gen, as it has the same chipset which is used in the 3GS and costs about the same (in addition to double the RAM). The speed upgrade makes a huge difference.

The main issue is that currently there's only a tethered jailbreak available, but all that means is that you'll need to go through a one minute process with a PC whenever it fully shuts off.

6. driverzx

Member driverzx GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Just buy yourself a 3G(S) It's way faster. If you don't have the money, get a job.

7. Thoob
    OP

Member Thoob LOLmonade.

United Kingdom
    I think I may wait for the iPad and iPhone 4G to come out in June, which will probably make the price of a 3G come down a bit.

8. mew512

Member mew512 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    iphones are awful they just look really nice i jave an LG cookie and have hacked it to have custom themes i have an iphone theme and it looks good and they are really cheap i would get that or the tocco lite

9. _Burai_

Member _Burai_ GBAtemp Regular

Switzerland
    June? Nah I say around September.

Just get a 3G, I got one a few weeks ago. [​IMG]

10. Thoob
    OP

Member Thoob LOLmonade.

United Kingdom
    Can you run 3D games on your LG cookie? Didn't think so. Are there 100,000 apps available for it? Nope. Does it have Wi-Fi internet browsing? Again, no. There are so many reasons that an iPhone is better, but I'm not going to start getting into that.

Anyway, I think I might sell my DSi and get a 3G. An iPhone would probably replace all the reasons I have a DSi, and do them better. Is this a good idea?

P.S. 200th post!