• Total voters

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The base price is quite good. It looks like it will be a good PMP plus you'd be able to view cbr files and pdf magazines. It's a lot less bulky than a laptop at hot spots. If it were more expensive I'd say no way.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah im not all that sure. I looks like a big iphone but cant make calls or anything... so its like a big 10 inch ipod touch. I mean dont get me wrong, touchpads are cool but this is a little excessive. and where are you going to keep this thing? just lying around your house? We'll just have to see.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nay.
I don't see what the appeal is, it just appears to be a large iPod.
What it's specialty, web browsing?
Well whoop de doo if you can do that without a mouse/touchpad and keyboard, but a netbook won't set you back $500 for base price, and limit you to 16gb.
And the simple fact that it is not a proper OS that allows software installation, but rather just a giant iPod touch, cripples the software support entirely.

This device however, would have potential as a cheap digital sketching/photoshop pad, if it could do remote desktop connections to Windows or Mac. It would be much cheaper than a Cintiq, but it would also face the problem of no stylus.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's a "netbook killer" then I don't see the point. Netbooks are a lot cheaper (my dad got his for $200), and that's one of the reasons people buy netbooks anyway compared to regular laptops. Let's face it, unless you're laptop is a clunker, they're just as easy to carry around as most netbooks. It's not the size that matters. I wouldn't paying an extra $300-$400 for a so-called "netbook killer".

If it's not a netbook killer, I'm still not seeing the point. There's no point for a device in between a smartphone and a laptop.

Still, do whatever you want, Apple. They've been doing something right to keep going with as much steam as they have.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
16gb.

Cintiq,
16gb! WTF then hell no i would not bet getting one of these. thats effing terrible.

Cintiq. Oh i would do so many terrible things for a Cintiq. Oh my gosh.

Update, the ipad has no flash cause shockwave is too tight assed to release a version for ipod touch, and ipad.

Oh and @ yuyuyup: why? there is no vibrate function is there?

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
nah, cos of the name and the pricing and also... i have a laptop thank you very much, it functions as my own portable (albeit a tad huge) mp3 player

i can use it to do whatever i want, especially view flash website
biggrin.gif

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll wait until people start developing for it. There could end up being some fantastic software for it eventually.

But I was hoping for it to run a sort of watered down version of OSX, rather than a slightly beefed up iPhone OS. If it ran OSX, I would propably buy it.

/me waits for iPhone 4G.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No offense to Apple, but it comes off as one of those novelty sized iPhones. Kinda like when you have one of those giant pencils or pens. Now I just need a giant novelty finger to navigate it...

Personally, I'd rather save myself some cash and buy a Netbook. From what I heard, the iPad can't multitask, and that's just where it falls. One of the reasons people use Netbooks is that they're a cheap, portable way of typing documents, as well as using the internet. If I'm writing a research paper and I'm looking up info on the internet, I can just switch back and forth between the internet and my document. With this, if I understand correctly (I may not, correct me if so), I have to open up my browser, find my info, close it, open a document, put the info in, save the document, close it, open up the internet, repeat. A lot.

Seems like a better way to watch movies and maybe as one giant media player, but as a Netbook killer, I wouldn't say so.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It simply doesn't look like a wise way to spend 600 bucks (I say 600 because with out add ons, chances are it just isn't worth having).

Yeah you get something that can display something like a full page of a role playing game manual in full colour (something that a friend and I are very interested in). But no USB option = WTF why not?

16 gigs is a yeah right and 64 gigs simply isn't good enough.

I would not be considering it for music, yeah in this case you can do muuuuuch better.
No to video content, remember, 64 gigs just ain't good enough.

Might just be possible to play games, but I'm thinking why not just get a Nintendo DS XL if that is what you wanted in the first place eh?

As we speak, I'm thinking nah, if I want a digital book that I can pick up and carry with me, I'd just settle for my lap top, a real computer with a 15 inch screen, and not whine I can't put it in my fucking pocket.

Just making it pointlessly thin, weighing almost nothing, and pretending the Apple name is worth 600 bucks is simply not a selling feature.

Maybe if it had a phone, camera, and could play games we actually WANT to play, it might make this over rated web browser book reader worth 600 bucks.

I likely wouldn't buy it even if I was rich to begin with. I need a shitload more incentive first.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I don't see why people would even begin to like this crap. When we watched the Keynote at my school (technology class!) people were saying that this was about the most awesome thing ever. I just got so mad, to almost scream, "What is the FUCKING difference?! It's just an oversized iPod Touch!!" However, I kept my voice down. This one kid, however, kept on saying that it was like a laptop. Even when I DILIGENTLY explain how it really is an over-sized iPod, he would always say that it is better, somehow. Man, living in a school full of retards with no computing capabilities just makes me want to shoot somebody.

Ranting aside, nay to the piece of shit that iSheep will drool over.

Excuse that, I had said ranting aside. Ah well, I really should vent my anger on something else, like a rock. It's just something about how Apple does things that makes me want to...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1