Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
apple-creation-0097-rm-eng.jpg

apple-creation-0378-rm-eng.jpg
QUOTE said:
After nearly a decade of rumors and speculation, Apple's finally unveiled the iPad. It's a half-inch thick and weighs just 1.5 pounds, with a 9.7-inch capacitive touchscreen IPS LCD display, and it's running a custom 1GHz Apple "A4" chip developed by the P.A. Semi team, with a 10-hour battery life and a month of standby. It'll come in 16, 32, and 64GB sizes, and it's got the expected connectivity: very little. There's a 30-pin Dock connector, a speaker, a microphone, Bluetooth, and 802.11n WiFi, as well as an accelerometer and a compass. As expected, it can run iPhone apps -- either pixel-for-pixel in a window, or pixel-doubled fullscreen -- but developers can also target the new screen size using the updated iPhone OS SDK, which is available today.

Apple says there's room for a third device between the smartphone and the laptop, and that it has to be better at tasks like browsing, email, photos, e-books, and videos than both -- netbooks, says Steve, "aren't better at anything." It looks just like the leak we saw, with a large touchscreen keyboard that Steve says is "a dream to type on," and an interface that's very reminiscent of the iPhone, although it's significantly expanded and altered. The built-in apps are much more Mac-like than iPhone-like, with versions of iPhoto and iTunes that look like touch-oriented versions of their desktop counterparts. There's also some built-in location services that lets the Map app auto-locate, and the iTunes store is built-in for previewing and buying media.

Source
Pictures

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Seems like a great device to internet on if you quickly want to check something. Like an iPhone, but bigger. The thing is, it'll be really expensive...

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
To me its just a giant iphone. Not what I was hoping for.

if it made phone calls it would be a giant iphone. but alas, it's not even that.
frown.gif

i was hoping to something i could draw and paint on with pressure and tilt sensitivity... but o well

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If it is not a substitute for a "normal" Notebook I think this is not a good idea...

I think it is smart, that they`ll market this as a netbook-like device but I never understood, who would like to have a netbook at all, next to a normal Notebook and a phone (which nowadays all have internet-capabilities)!

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Master Mo said:
If it is not a substitute for a "normal" Notebook I think this is not a good idea...

I think it is smart, that they`ll market this as a netbook-like device but I never understood, who would like to have a netbook at all, next to a normal Notebook and a phone (which nowadays all have internet-capabilities)!

netbooks are bought because they have a normal desktop OS with all it's possibilties in a small lightweight package. also it runs for a long time on battery (even longer than this iShit)

Now apple released a scaled up iPhone with really bad battery life, no good OS and being expensive as hell.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raki said:
Now apple released a scaled up iPhone with really bad battery life, no good OS and being expensive as hell.
In an amazing form factor with 10" capacitive touchscreen and IPS panel underneath.

Just because it runs similar software doesn't make it comparable to a very different device. Potential usage is completely different.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Egonny said:
And yet 2/3 of all the people complaining will end up buying one.

I won't. Too expensive and I'm sure better and cheaper products are going to come out from another brand.
I haven't bought an iPod, I bought the Creative Zen, and boy, am I glad I did that.
Gonna be the same with the iPhone, I'm just holding out till a real killer appears (with all the functions I want) and then I will buy that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can