Ipad screen scratch

metamaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I've had an ipad for about 3 weeks, and I already have a scratch on the screen. Unlike the ipod that I'm used to, the screen is way bigger (duh) and prone to scratches. It is pretty deep (I can feel it with my nail) and it affects the color in that area.

Is there a way to fix this manualy or do I have to bring it to Apple? I have no idea if the warrenty covers this, not to mention that it is jailbroken so I avoid the second option...

Whatever I do to fix this, I'm getting a screen shield after

Matt140

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd restore it to the latest firmware (so it's no longer jailbroken) and take it back to Apple, unless you want to try and manually fix it (which I wouldn't dare to do, lol, but you can find tutorials online).

metamaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well if I were to take it to apple, I'd just use poof or something from inside sbsettings to hide all the hacked stuff I've got. I'd be in real trouble if they check my settings though. Do you think that an apple employee would go that far?
And would apple charge me? (or am I under warranty)

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Apple will not cover it...

This is "self damage" so apple will not fix it.

As for the jailbreak restore and don't re-jailbreak. apple will still charge though

metamaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In that case, i guess that I will wait for it to get in a worse condition before bringing it to apple, unless there is way to fix it myself. Any way to do this?

metamaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wtf.gif
... Thanks for the link, but I think that I'm better off trying my luck with Apple
But I don't have a cracked screen, just a deep scratch. Isn't there a sort of substance to fill in the scratch or something?

D

Deleted User

Use that car polish scratch remover. Works like a dream
smileipb2.png

Yes! 100 posts at last!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to...