Hacking IOSU DECRYPTED

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
except "this" isnt an exploit, its just a plain old dump, same as when 3ds roms were first dumped and everyone though "wow this means rom loaders and emulators will follow shortly"....it was years before those dumps were even usable, truth is dumping something (or in this case just copying a file from the already leaked SDK and "re-leaking" it without the rest of the SDK) is only a small part of the process and having a dump doesn't necessarily mean anything will come of it, the work going on finding exploits for IOSU will probably benefit nothing at all fro this, and everything that could have been gleaned from it has probably already been learned by those dev's, this leak is pretty much one of those "hmmm what is this file "OMFG WOWO I FOUND IT I WILL HAVE TO LEAK THIS ASAP, I CANT BELIEVE ALL THOSE DEVS DIDN'T REALIZE THE IOSU HACK WAS THERE IN THE SDK ALL ALONG FUCK YEAH! MERRY CHRISTMAS YOU FILTHY ANIMALS"

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Actually, it's more so others can look at it a while. Knowing some things inside a debug image before you can use them is not necessarily bad. But y'all can continue to bitch or question each other for no reason all you want.
im not saying its a bad thing, but its not as important as some people assume it is, its not even a real "leak", more of a "hey look what you guys all missed", the dev's working on IOSU exploits have probably looked at this ages ago this being out there again doesn't mean a IOSU exploit will suddenly pop up from nowhere.....but i guess if some new dev comes along solely based on this "hey look what you guys all missed" its not a bad thing, but i think everyone interested in hacking the wiiu are probably onboard at this point (i mean devs capable, not just random people who would say ....yeah i would hack the wii U..........IF someone teach me how2hax first)

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yea, devs working on the exploit already have it. As I said, doesn't mean knowing functions and symbols ahead of time is bad. Just because you can't make an IOSU hack yourself, doesn't mean you can't plan homebrew to use functions when/if they're available. I've seen plenty of stuff I haven't seen on wiiubrew. And users who can't do anything with it don't matter to begin with in these discussions. You're entitled to your opinion though.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yea, devs working on the exploit already have it. As I said, doesn't mean knowing functions and symbols ahead of time is bad. Just because you can't make an IOSU hack yourself, doesn't mean you can't plan homebrew to use functions when/if they're available. I've seen plenty of stuff I haven't seen on wiiubrew. And users who can't do anything with it don't matter to begin with in these discussions. You're entitled to your opinion though.
again i didn't say this being there was a bad thing, obviously it will be handy for people planning to make homebrew apps, but that being said its all still dependent on other devs releasing their IOSU exploit/s its just the whole "leak" term (when its was just a re-release of already out there material) and the inherent "omg this means hax 4 all 2DAY" that comes from people using the term "leak"

again hope i didnt offend you for some reason, i was just trying to clarify for the "omgthis means hax 2DAY" group that it isnt what they think it is :)

Last edited by gamesquest1,

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, I'm not offended, and to be fair, Hykem was the one who called it a leak back on page 1. All I said, was in case anyone missed it, in the hacking and homebrew thread. So, you should expect others to call it the same thing he does. It's only natural, since he's known to have done a lot of IOSU work. Personally, it's just a file to me. Leak or not is totally irrelevant to me. *shrugs*

Reactions: gamesquest1

Hykem

Trophies
XP
Country
No, I'm not offended, and to be fair, Hykem was the one who called it a leak back on page 1. All I said, was in case anyone missed it, in the hacking and homebrew thread. So, you should expect others to call it the same thing he does. It's only natural, since he's known to have done a lot of IOSU work. Personally, it's just a file to me. Leak or not is totally irrelevant to me. *shrugs*

It's obviously not an actual leak, I was exaggerating to match up the tone of the remark in that pastebin. The person who uploaded and shared it got it from us though (and had no idea of what it actually was).
Since it's out there now, it would be great if people began analyzing it and helping document the IOSU on the wiki, but most developers already had it so I doubt that will happen.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's obviously not an actual leak, I was exaggerating to match up the tone of the remark in that pastebin. The person who uploaded and shared it got it from us though (and had no idea of what it actually was).
Since it's out there now, it would be great if people began analyzing it and helping document the IOSU on the wiki, but most developers already had it so I doubt that will happen.
Actual leak or not, people are going to repeat what you say. You should know that by now. Lol.

If you really want someone to help put information on the wiki, I can help do that. But, the fact that others haven't helped document it just says nobody else plans on sharing, that's what it says to me anyway. And if they're willing to share, they should be doing it on the wiki instead of over Skype to other devs, which all of you seem to like using. And honestly, others probably haven't helped because they feel like they are getting nothing in return, or want to explore it on their own. It's unfortunate, but patience is something very little people have these days.

I guess I'll dump the wiki and see what information you do or dont added....

Reactions: gamesquest1

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yep thats the point i was making, the pastebin implied it was something showstopping, like the final piece of the puzzle that would tie up everything IOSU related into a pretty little christmas gift ready to be unwrapped for christmas....which is imho what people got so excited, its all good relaying/highlighting info that may prove somewhat helpful to others, but maybe not bigging it up to sound like snowden level leakage to the average reader :P

actually i guess its the fault of people really, re-reading it it isnt even that bad, but we do know how easily gbatemp gets over excited about pastebin finds :lol:

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: jammybudga777

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yep thats the point i was making, the pastebin implied it was something showstopping, like the final piece of the puzzle that would tie up everything IOSU related into a pretty little christmas gift ready to be unwrapped for christmas....which is imho what people got so excited, its all good relaying/highlighting info that may prove somewhat helpful to others, but maybe not bigging it up to sound like snowden level leakage to the average reader :P
Well, I'll give you all that.
But, the link wasn't originally intended for average users though, I'm sure. I mean, what the fuck would they do with it?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well, I'll give you all that.
But, the link wasn't originally intended for average users though, I'm sure. I mean, what the fuck would they do with it?
yeah i just edited my post :P its really just the readers faults, some people think of pastebin as a leakzone and probably scan every day for wiiu or 3DS etc thinking they will find the latest breakthroughs, and if they find a file...well thats a major find :P

Reactions: EclipseSin

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i just edited my post :P its really just the readers faults, some people think of pastebin as a leakzone and probably scan every day for wiiu or 3DS etc thinking they will find the latest breakthroughs, and if they find a file...well thats a major find :P
To be fair checking is still warranted I mean look what happened to the 3DS scene because of some random pastebin.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
To be fair checking is still warranted I mean look what happened to the 3DS scene because of some random pastebin.
yeah true, no harm in checking, but for every 3DS sig patch offsets there is 20 other threads made for random stuff that someone just happened to paste on there that is really vague, or old news or just plain fake to get people excited :P

i think the moral is to never get to excited for a paste that sayd *console* HAX/release/dump/decrypted

as more often than not its just someones notes or someone re-sharing something :)

Twili

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but this isn't in the 2.12.13 SDK that was leaked. I searched it myself. On top of this, Hykem very clearly said:

"It's not a dumped retail image, it's a debug build that comes with certain official SDKs (targeted at special debugging units only)."

So this is a leak. It seems you're the one who didn't do any checking. And Hykem is wrong with his most recent reply. Even if somebody got it from him or another hacker voluntarily, it's still a leak because it's leaking Nintendo's property to the general public that didn't have it before. None of this "true" leak nonsense. A leak is a leak.

Last edited by Twili,

Hykem

Trophies
XP
Country
Actual leak or not, people are going to repeat what you say. You should know that by now. Lol.

If you really want someone to help put information on the wiki, I can help do that. But, the fact that others haven't helped document it just says nobody else plans on sharing, that's what it says to me anyway. And if they're willing to share, they should be doing it on the wiki instead of over Skype to other devs, which all of you seem to like using. And honestly, others probably haven't helped because they feel like they are getting nothing in return, or want to explore it on their own. It's unfortunate, but patience is something very little people have these days.

I guess I'll dump the wiki and see what information you do or dont added....

I don't really care if people are going to repeat what I type or not.
All I've been finding is placed on the wiki (except details on exploits for very obvious reasons). Others haven't helped because there's very little interest on doing it, this has nothing to do with keeping information private.
Also, I don't see what's the problem with Skype, although I only use IRC these days.

Sorry, but this isn't in the 2.12.13 SDK that was leaked. I searched it myself. On top of this, Hykem very clearly said:

"It's not a dumped retail image, it's a debug build that comes with certain official SDKs (targeted at special debugging units only)."

So this is a leak. It seems you're the one who didn't do any checking. And Hykem is wrong with his most recent reply. Even if somebody got it from him or another hacker voluntarily, it's still a leak because it's leaking Nintendo's property to the general public that didn't have it before. None of this "true" leak nonsense. A leak is a leak.

It's not an actual leak because the file was already quite widespread, even people that aren't actual developers or hackers had the file already. I'm talking about the meaning "leak" has acquired recently when it comes to keep stuff private among developers, not a NDA violation "leak". On those terms it's a obviously a leak.

Last edited by Hykem,

Twili

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not an actual leak because the file was already quite widespread, even people that aren't actual developers or hackers had the file already. I'm talking about the meaning "leak" has acquired recently when it comes to keep stuff private among developers, not a NDA violation "leak". On those terms it's a obviously a leak.
So widespread that nobody on GBAtemp was talking about it, eh?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
So widespread that nobody on GBAtemp was talking about it, eh?
It was widespread in terms of capable people having it. Not in terms of the common forum noob who doesn't even know what they're looking at.

I can't tell you how many separate times the 3ds common key has 'leaked' and ,each time, people here act like it's the second coming of Christ.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Hykem
I'm sure you don't care. I don't give a shit either really. I'm more worried about being able to have linux, some modified android, turbografix 16, web server, media player and other crap running in U mode than what people say or repeat. My point was merely that gamesquest was saying about the "leak" part, and you said it so people repeat it. Whether you care or not is irrelevant to that.

Anyway, I guess I'll do what I can. If it's not enough, sorry in advance, I already offered to MN1 with whatever they are doing with UNO and ethernet shield. So, since I haven't heard anything, I started messing around myself. I haven't gotten anywhere, but I wouldn't say interest isn't there just because no one's bothered to talk. That's all I have to say, take it easy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: So true