Hacking IOS60 Brick - Black Wii

darkangel5000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello dear Tempers.
I've got big problems right now - this is really urgent.

I wanted to softmod the Black Wii (FW 4.1E) of my older sister, which she just got yesterday on christmas eve. Well, everything went well - but - the Games wouldn't load from DVD (hadn't tested HDD yet).
Well, since I remembered that the IOS60 & 61 could be patched if errors occured, I thought that I should patch them - well...
From there on the HBC was turned upside down - but I wanted to test out Neogamma again and tried to load mk wii - with an error. It restarted and the Wii wouldn't turn on again. Just a black screen.

I've read tons of pages on google and gbatemp but havn't found a solution to this problem yet. BootMii would only install as an IOS, so it won't show up on boot and preloader isn't installed.

If I can't fix it until tomorrow my sisters going to rip my arse into pieces - so is there any way to fix this? Will Nintendo repair the console for free if I say it was DOA? Can I send it back to the retailer? Would the SaveMii Dongle work to restore to 4.2E?

Yea, I know, a lot of questions to which I don't know a answer - so can you help me? Or should I prepare to die tomorrow? ;_;

/e: And I do have a NAND-backup of course. Is this of any use anymore? ;_;

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Better take precautions next time
wink.gif

Is patching IOS60 all you did?
And if so, how did you patch it?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you didn't uninstall IOS60, right? If you just patched it I don't know why that would cause a brick.

Either way, DVDs probably weren't working on account of that Wii having the D3-2 drive. IOS60 doesn't have anything to do with it.

darkangel5000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
tj_cool said:
Better take precautions next time
wink.gif

Is patching IOS60 all you did?
And if so, how did you patch it?
Via IOS60/Shop Installer from Team Twiizers ._.

FenrirWolf said:
So you didn't uninstall IOS60, right? If you just patched it I don't know why that would cause a brick.
Just patched, not uninstalled.

QUOTE(FenrirWolf @ Dec 25 2009, 10:51 PM)
Either way, DVDs probably weren't working on account of that Wii having the D3-2 drive. IOS60 doesn't have anything to do with it.
If had known that before >___

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
darkangel5000 said:

That installs the latest IOS 60 I believe, which is now a stub, which means it runs no code. You're fully bricked. You should've patched with DOP IOS.
frown.gif

darkangel5000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
daxtsu said:
darkangel5000 said:

That installs the latest IOS 60 I believe, which is now a stub, which means it runs no code. You're fully bricked. You should've patched with DOP IOS.
frown.gif
Since I've patched it with DOP IOS 2 months ago at a friends wii - and it ALSO bricked, but could be restored with BootMii - I decided to use the old Team Twiizer patcher .___.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dop-ios will only brick if you had preloader/priiloader installed before dop-ing. and that is easily fixed by just re-installing preloader/priiloader.

darkangel5000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
tj_cool said:
Preloader usually uses the system menu IOS as well
So is useless in the case of stub IOS

But, like the people above said, you have to re-install it if you patched the IOS
God Damned >__<

QUOTE(Old8oy @ Dec 25 2009, 11:10 PM) dop-ios will only brick if you had preloader/priiloader installed before dop-ing. and that is easily fixed by just re-installing preloader/priiloader.
preloader wasn't installed. I'm 100% sure of that.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Savemii/recovery mode is built into the IOS/System Menu. If the IOS runs no code, which is your situation, which means it does nothing, it won't work.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/l6ek7TmdGE8?si=k_qXsn8Finqhz70P +1