Hacking IOS58 not installed on unmodded wii?

Severino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm softmodding a 4.3 Wii for a friend and I though I did the same things I did for my own, but something's not working.

I installed cIOS with cIOS installer and usb loader gx works fine, but Nintendont won't load, it says IOS58 is missing.

So I check with multi mod manager and the 58 slot is white and it says Version installed: (none)

Is that so? I thoug IOS58 was already installed in the system menu and that it's got to do with USB ports.
Should I install it?
I don't wanna mess my friend's wii, I'd rather him be without nintendont than without a wii at all :D

This wii was unmodded, btw.
thank you for your help

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if the console was already hacked before, he probably installed system menu 4.3 manually (along with IOS80), and skipping the official update which didn't install IOS58.
Or he deleted it :/

IOS58 is very useful and used by many homebrew, so yes you should install IOS58, then reinstall HBC so it can work on IOS58 instead of IOS61. (installing IOS58 is not enough for HBC to use it, you need to reinstall using hackmii installer from HBC, you don't need an exploit)

You can use IOS58_installer homebrew (fast, safe) but it's not the latest version but works fine with all homebrew.
if you want the latest version, you can use modmii to generate the IOS58 wad and install it with a wad manager.

Did you notice any other missing titles?
if you want you can follow syscheck guide to see all his current IOS slots.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Severino

Severino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Did you notice any other missing titles?
if you want you can follow syscheck guide to see all his current IOS slots.

40 to 48, 52, 202 and236 are also missing.

I tried running Syscheck, but after a few seconds it goes into the BootMii menu.
It does that before extracting the list. On the SD card the syscheck file is also empty, all it says it's this
Region: PAL
The system menu v514 is running under IOS61 (rev 5405)
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: XXXXXXXXX
Boot2 v4
Found 55 titles
Found 26 IOS on this console
Found 11 IOS Stubs on this console

I'm using multy mod manager to see ios/cios list

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
40-48 and 52 are IOS for korean Wii. that's not needed.
202 and 236 are old and not used anymore for hacking or homebrew, unless you still use old deprecated homebrew (like multi mod manager, which I don't recommend, but you can if you like it).

I don't understand why it launches bootmii automatically from syscheck. which version of syscheck are you using, you didn't quote the beginning of the log file.

using modmii's syscheck analyzer is fine too, if you manage to make a full log file.
But I think your setup is fine now, you don't need 40-52-202-236 at all.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Multi Mod Manager works just fine with modern setups. It just needs the "<ahb_access/>" tag in its meta.xml.

It doesn't, however, work with WiiMotion Plus controllers.

IOS 236 is just IOS 36 with the AHB_PROT flags patched on in the title.tmd.

Severino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't understand why it launches bootmii automatically from syscheck. which version of syscheck are you using, you didn't quote the beginning of the log file.

That was the whole log. The only line I didnt copy is the header ("sysCheck v1.6.2 by Erik Spyder")
I don't know, I think it crashes. I tried multiple times and I always end up in bootmii. Weird.

So now I just install ios58 with the installer you linked, then reinstall HBC then I'm good?

Severino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
you deleted exactly the line I was looking for :P

you are using a very old version. Please use v2.4 instead.
http://www.hacksden.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=149

Thanks, that worked :)

And here's the log

SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, and Nano
...runs on IOS61 (rev 5405).

Region: PAL
System Menu 4.3E (v514)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 02.13.2007
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS61

Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: xxxxxxxxx
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: Italy (83)
Boot2 v4
Found 55 titles.
Found 37 IOS on this console. 11 of them are stubs.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1037): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1550): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3349): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3091): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3348): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3349): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3351): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 3869): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 3867): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5406): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5406): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5405): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5661): No Patches
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5405): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6687): No Patches
IOS80 (rev 6944): No Patches
IOS222 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS249[56] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10
Report generated on 02/26/2018.

IOS249 & 250 are the ones I installed following the tutorial pinned in here

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thank you.
your list seems shorter than usual, but I can just notice this :

1. you are on 4.3E, latest HBC.
2. you really miss IOS58,
3. the console was previously hacked (IOS4 and 15 presence, and being on 4.3 without IOS58 for example shows that it was updated manually). it was probably "revirginized" but incorrectly, deleting some cIOS and IOS58 too.
4. HBC uses IOS61 because it's missing IOS58
5. your slot 249 uses r53 (bad) instead of r52 (better)

Suggestions:

1) adding IOS58
if you are used to modmii, you can use it to download only IOS58. Then use a wad manager to install the generated wad file.
if you are not sure how to use it, you can use the IOS_58 installer homebrew I linked above. even if it's not the latest version it should work fine with nintendont.

2) AFTER adding IOS58, reinstall HBC. put the elf in /apps/<whatever name>/ and run from hbc, or visit flashhax website.

3) reinstall d2x v10 r52 base 56 using beta52 instead of beta53 (unstable, few games, hardware and feature compatibility problems)

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Severino

Severino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Suggestions:

1) adding IOS58
if you are used to modmii, you can use it to download only IOS58. Then use a wad manager to install the generated wad file.
if you are not sure how to use it, you can use the IOS_58 installer homebrew I linked above. even if it's not the latest version it should work fine with nintendont.

2) AFTER adding IOS58, reinstall HBC. put the elf in /apps/<whatever name>/ and run from hbc, or visit flashhax website.

3) reinstall d2x v10 r52 base 56 using beta52 instead of beta53 (unstable, few games, hardware and feature compatibility problems)

Thanks! I will do as you said.
About base 56 using beta 53, I followed this page (that was linked in the noob paradise post in here)
https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/installation
but I noticed somewhere else they where saying to use beta52. The thing is, I've read every guide I could find just to better understand my options, until I wasn't sure which one I should follow anymore :D

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know a lot of people follow this guide, and a lot of them end on gbatemp asking for help because the game doesn't work, their hdd is not recognize, etc
I wish I could have access to that guide and just replace 53 with 52. I explained many times here the reason behind this choice and the problem it creates.
I regret not all people following this guide come here, and missing the fix for their problem.

that's too bad, because I find this website very well done, it has a lot of information. it's just too bad that single number choice makes that much issues.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I SHOULD have access to edit the complete soft mod guide, but for some reason it's not working. It's listed as a site I should be able to edit under the old settings menu but I can't actually edit anything, and when I load the new interface the site isn't listed as one I have access to edit. I've sent an official support request, and if I get access I can make changes as per your direction.

Last edited by XFlak,
Reactions: GreyWolf

JasonH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont mean to necrobump but i had to get this info out there for anyone with a similar problem.
I was having trouble getting the wii to update through the internet so i decided to disc update using "Kirby's epic Yarn" in order to update to 4.3U. After i updated i tried to install the hombrew channel with Hackmii installer and it kept freezing up on the scam page and i was not able to install the homebrew channel. Some mentioned before that while using a disc update some ios may not have been installed. I looked around trying to find a solution and i could not find one so i decided to take every wii disc i had one at a time and see if there was a Disc update that would install it for me and Lo and Behold "Wii Sports Resort" has the Update that you need to fix this issue where the ios can be installed to finish getting past the scam page on the hackmii installer.
I want to say it installed IOS 58 so if there is a similar issue this may solve your problem just reinstall the homebrew channel after updating.

Last edited by JasonH,

drag4you

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I dont mean to necrobump but i had to get this info out there for anyone with a similar problem.
I was having trouble getting the wii to update through the internet so i decided to disc update using "Kirby's epic Yarn" in order to update to 4.3U. After i updated i tried to install the hombrew channel with Hackmii installer and it kept freezing up on the scam page and i was not able to install the homebrew channel. Some mentioned before that while using a disc update some ios may not have been installed. I looked around trying to find a solution and i could not find one so i decided to take every wii disc i had one at a time and see if there was a Disc update that would install it for me and Lo and Behold "Wii Sports Resort" has the Update that you need to fix this issue where the ios can be installed to finish getting past the scam page on the hackmii installer.
I want to say it installed IOS 58 so if there is a similar issue this may solve your problem just reinstall the homebrew channel after updating.
What method are you using to softmod your wii? and also have you tried the 1.0 version of hackmii?

https://bootmii.org/download/

I have some similar issues about the scam window freezing and i have to use the 1.0 version.

JasonH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What method are you using to softmod your wii? and also have you tried the 1.0 version of hackmii?

I have some similar issues about the scam window freezing and i have to use the 1.0 version.
Ive used Letterbomb with the latest version of hackmii installer and ive also used Bathaxx using the Lego Batman Exploit with the latest version.
This is the first time ive ran across this problem as the wii that i was installing it on had 3.4U on it and i wanted to update to 4.3U for letterbomb to work and ive used Kirbys epic yarn before from 4.2U to 4.3U without any problems.

drag4you

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ive used Letterbomb with the latest version of hackmii installer and ive also used Bathaxx using the Lego Batman Exploit with the latest version.
This is the first time ive ran across this problem as the wii that i was installing it on had 3.4U on it and i wanted to update to 4.3U for letterbomb to work and ive used Kirbys epic yarn before from 4.2U to 4.3U without any problems.
Seeing that you are using letterbomb try changing the version of bootmii for the 1.0 version.

(Click on the v1.0 on that page to download the old version of hackmii)
Previous version: v1.0

Just replace the boot.elf from the LetterBomb folder for the hackmii_installer_v1.0 one and try the letterbomb method again but now with the v1.0 boot.elf see if you can pass beyond the scam window.

Last edited by drag4you,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo