Hacking IOS30-IOS37 versions question.

breakdaze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, except noobs (please, if you aren't 100% sure what the f*8k you're talking about, don't answer, thanks, reduce the noise, k?)

Does anyone know exactly what to look for in the version information when looking at the IOSes already installed on one's Wii? I've yet to see a definitive answer to this question. I prefer Title_Lister to check my IOS versions because it seems to have more information, but if you use Any Title Deleter and know which revisions are new and which are pre-System Menu 3.3, I'd like to know.

Personally, I think I got the new versions of IOS30 and IOS31 that came out June 16, 2008 with System Menu 3.3 (version 1). However, I since downgraded using cIOS downgrader (to install Starfall).
I didn't install the Oct. 23 update, I used the custom IOS51 installer and Shop Channel fix instead.

I don't need fake-signed discs right now, but I may someday.

Thanks!

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I cant answer your question about already installed IOS revisions, but you could always use alpha-0's tools called freethebug that will patch any IOS back to a signing bug version IOS that can then be manually reinstalled.

nanika

文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
breakdaze said:
Hello all, except noobs (please, if you aren't 100% sure what the f*8k you're talking about, don't answer, thanks, reduce the noise, k?)

Does anyone know exactly what to look for in the version information when looking at the IOSes already installed on one's Wii? I've yet to see a definitive answer to this question. I prefer Title_Lister to check my IOS versions because it seems to have more information, but if you use Any Title Deleter and know which revisions are new and which are pre-System Menu 3.3, I'd like to know.

Personally, I think I got the new versions of IOS30 and IOS31 that came out June 16, 2008 with System Menu 3.3 (version 1). However, I since downgraded using cIOS downgrader (to install Starfall).
I didn't install the Oct. 23 update, I used the custom IOS51 installer and Shop Channel fix instead.

I don't need fake-signed discs right now, but I may someday.

Thanks!
Unfortunately, these IOS were developed seperately. As such, each would have a different version number relation for signing bug in/signing bug patched. I'll try and check what the current revisions are of each IOS.

In hexadecimal, the latest versions of IOSes that were on the Nintendo Update Server with the signing bug are...

IOS11 v000a
IOS12 v0006
IOS13 v000a
IOS15 v0104
IOS17 v0200
IOS20 v000c
IOS21 v0205
IOS30 v0410
IOS31 v0410
IOS33 v0410
IOS34 v040f
IOS35 v0410

Note that the version number is in hexadecimal.

However, there are more IOSes than this, this list only includes IOS which were available on the Nintendo Update Server before the patching. So, the first (public) signing-blocked versions are:

IOS04 vff00
IOS09 v0208
IOS10 v0300
IOS11 v0100
IOS12 v000b
IOS13 v000f
IOS14 v0106
IOS15 v0109
IOS17 v0205
IOS20 v0100
IOS21 v020a
IOS22 v0309
IOS28 v050c
IOS30 v0a10
IOS31 v0a10
IOS33 v0b10
IOS34 v0c0f
IOS35 v0c10
IOS36 v0c12

Any version below the one listed on this second list has the signing bug. Not all of the IOS were available on the Nintendo Update Server before the update that patched everything, so this helps in cases such as IOS09.

Of course, anything 37 or above is inherently patched.

breakdaze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@stev418 Thank you, I didn't know about that tool.

@nanika Great information... So yeah, I see that IOS30v1040, (in hex v0410) came out with System Menu 3.2, so that would make sense for that one.

OK, if I understand correctly, the first list is what was on NUS before the update, otherwise they could only be found on a disc or a system publicly. After the update, new versions of everything were on the server, so any version prior to what you listed on the second list basically has the bug, correctly paraphrased?

I will check against my Wii, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Aside- it should be safe to use wad manager to overwrite an IOS with an older version, no?

nanika

文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
breakdaze said:
@stev418 Thank you, I didn't know about that tool.

@nanika Great information... So yeah, I see that IOS30v1040, (in hex v0410) came out with System Menu 3.2, so that would make sense for that one.

OK, if I understand correctly, the first list is what was on NUS before the update, otherwise they could only be found on a disc or a system publicly. After the update, new versions of everything were on the server, so any version prior to what you listed on the second list basically has the bug, correctly paraphrased?

I will check against my Wii, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Aside- it should be safe to use wad manager to overwrite an IOS with an older version, no?
Yes, that's right. Glad I could help.
And as for overwriting with an older version... I'm not sure. The downgrading process for 3.4 Wiis however requires you to install a custom IOS that permits IOS downgrading in order to downgrade the IOSes to the 3.2 IOSes. Waninkoko's first release of the out-of-region channel remover also worked by the Wii not allowing downgrades. So I'd think that downhrading IOS would not be natively allowed by the Wii. Though as long as it's not an IOS needed by the System Menu, it should be possible to delete it with AnyTitle Deleter and just install the earlier version .wad.

-Unknown-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nanika said:
Though as long as it's not an IOS needed by the System Menu, it should be possible to delete it with AnyTitle Deleter and just install the earlier version .was.
What IOS(s) does the Wii use on 3.2 for the system menu?

breakdaze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@-Unknown- IOS30v1040 http://wiibrew.org/wiki/System_Menu_Versions

@nanika Well, I have a cIOS, but yeah if I did want to mess with IOS30 (I'm at 3.2), I guess going to 2.2 temporarily would be safest. I am tempted to overwrite IOS30 with a different version using wad manager, but I guess even whilst using wad manager some of the system menu may be running. This is all theoretical of course, I haven't checked up on my revisions yet...

Thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs