Status
Not open for further replies.

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I successfully restored my nand backup. Now I'm trying to install and update my IOS's and the first thing to do was to install IOS236.

I run the application, it installs, then I am asked if I'm going to use it to pirate, at which point I say yes, the app tells me I'm a bad person and deletes the IOS....

I run the application again and the app tells me "no"

Soo...wtf?

The last thing I need is for someone to program an app to fuck with me since my Wii has been doing it already for the past 3 weeks. Like I seriously want to punch this guy in the face just for that. I have been working so hard on fixing my Wii then My PC crashes with a virus and I have to take a whole day out to fix it and now this.

Now what?

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It just deletes the installed IOS. And why don't you just say you're not a pirate?

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hahaha Dr. Clipper is tha man! I can't tell you the secret but it you keep trying maybe you can figure it out
lecture.gif

Posts merged

Yuan said:
And why don't you just say you're not a pirate?
because the app doesn't let you until you do something (secret)

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but I'm an honest person. You shouldn't create an installer that can be used for piracy then condemn those for it.

I've already loaded the app 12 times. Not it's telling me "Show me that you don't pirate all of your games."

Exactly how am I supposed to do that? Only thing I can think of was to put a game I bought into the disc tray.

Seriously though, this guy deserves a headbutt for putting me through this. I was finally on my way to fixing my messed up IOS's and having everything restored to it's normal functioning and now I have to waste more time figuring out some stupid bullshit specifically designed to fuck with me.

T

TheRealVisitor

Try the IOS236/36 installer/patcher within MMM!

Have you tried to have a game dvd inside your drive when starting the ios236installer again?

I think the "information" that you have choosen (to be a pirate) is stored somewhere, maybe in the Wii Savemanager or maybe on SD Card? Didn't tried that but seems possible. Maybe someone (who knows the "secret") is so helpfull and tells you how to use it again. Try to contact Dr. Clipper and say you hit button "1" by mistake.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
TheRealVisitor said:

Have you treid to have a game dvd inside your Wii when starting the ios236installer again?

I think the "information" that you have choosen (to be a pirate) is stored somewhere, maybe in the Wii Savemanager or maybe on SD Card? Didn't tried that but seems possible. Maybe someone (who knows the "secret") is so helpfull and tells you how to use it again. Try to contact Dr. Clipper and say you hit button "1" by mistake.

I don't think he is so naive.

icecold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just start the app a few more times, it has a timer to increase the time it takes every time.. After about 15 times it resets and you can install again.

nuaimat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
TheRealVisitor said:

Have you tried to have a game dvd inside your drive when starting the ios236installer again?

just run any "original" game once.
tongue.gif

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's great, Yuan.

I see everyone here is going to continue fucking with me as well.

Well, I would have had most of my problems that I've been having for weeks fixed by now but people are having too much fun pissing me off and it's not worth getting upset over.

Even, better now after my 20th try, he's telling me the hint means to run a non pirated game normally first. Funny thing though, I just restored my nand and the disc channel is asking for an update. So, I can't really run the game now.

I've been working on this for too long. I don't care anymore.

If I meet this Dr. Clipper asshole. I swear I'm going to kick him repeatedly in the balls.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Erm, I see no one really messing with you or trying to piss you off. The solution to your problem is to run a game disc, so that's what was advised. If you don't want to do that, then you'll just have to deal with not having 236 installed. That or you can hunt through the SD card or see if there's a hidden file on the NAND (is this possible?) that recorded you answering Yes, and then delete it.

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys don't understand the enormous amount of bullshit I've been put through with my Wii the past few weeks and just as I'm about to fix all my problems this guy comes along and puts a literal stop to my progress just to preach his non-piracy crap.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sKeEt said:
You guys don't understand the enormous amount of bullshit I've been put through with my Wii the past few weeks and just as I'm about to fix all my problems this guy comes along and puts a literal stop to my progress just to preach his non-piracy crap.
Is the update on your legit disc below 4.3? If so just load that, and even if it does remove HBC, 4.2 and below are vulnerable to Bannerbomb. I can't think of any reason why you'd NEED to stay on 3.2.

borissaid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the guys above was right... you need to run an original disc from the disc channel for a minute or two, then run the installer again. Just try it, you'll see.

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should be able to run priiloader to disable the disc channel update right?

I'm not going to re-hack my damn Wii

borissaid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
provided that you had priiloader before and havent updated your systemmenu, yes, you can block disc channel updates. Or, you could just run Wii Sports that pretty much everyone has had at least once. You wont need to worry about that updating your wii.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Incidentally, there is another fix that doesn't even require a real game.

Nothing is stored in your SD, NAND or USB drive by the trick.

The other hint I give out in these situations is that you need to let your Wii have a nice rest for a while...

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks everyone. I forgot about WiiSports.I have successfully restored my nand, installed IOS236, priiloader, and the WADs from ModMii.

In the midst of this retardedness I lost myself. My backups aren't working so I'm posting my Syscheck report cause I have no idea where my Wii iz at now.

sysCheck v2.0.1 by Double_A
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.2U (v481)
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 36141287
Boot2 v2

Found 160 titles.
Found 46 IOS on this console. 3 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 257): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches