IOS 10.1.1 (help kinda, confusing question)

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by petethepug, Feb 4, 2017.

1. petethepug
    OP

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    So I installed Cydia to my IPhone 5S, everything is all set up to use. But I kind of had one question,

I used a IPhone installer (Basically like an instant jail breaker but without a PC) and I installed this app along with Cydia. But whenever I open anything in Cydia, I am prompted to need to pay a contribution of at least $10 USD to use all benefits of Cydia.

Is this normal I was just curious because I have never really gotten into hacking phones before :P. I just feel like I'm being redirected to something I am not supposed to be.

2. RyDog

RyDog Lazy Animal Crossing hacker

Apr 26, 2015
    United States
    That's not a jailbreak, that's a scam :rofl2:

Just use Cydia impactor (windows or Mac) to sign Yalu and jailbreak your iPhone with that.

3. GreatCrippler

GreatCrippler Greatness Fallen

Mar 27, 2010
    United States
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Does it actually work? Every link I looked at, as well as every video I saw looked REALLY skeezy.

4. Tenshi_Okami

Tenshi_Okami GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 3, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    Yes! Yalu is a real JB!!

GreatCrippler likes this.
  5. RyDog

Apr 26, 2015
    United States
    Cydia impactor is written by Jay Freeman, the author of Cydia. And Yalu is written by Luca, the first person to jailbreak the iPhone 7.

GreatCrippler likes this.
  6. petethepug
    OP

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    Well I installed it, and it literally installed two apps to my phone so idk if its true or not

Should I uninstall the apps, and just install it with cydia impacter?

Attached Files:

7. GreatCrippler

GreatCrippler Greatness Fallen

Mar 27, 2010
    United States
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Fair... Just looked at the downloads, and the tutorials, and then promptly got rid of all of it and removed a ton of spyware from my rig. Just figured I'd wait until I could actually get some confirmation other than shady websites. That said, this is good to know. :)

8. RyDog

Apr 26, 2015
    United States
    it's really easy to do it... would you like me to write out a guide?

9. petethepug
    OP

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    So just to clarify. Do I have to "contribute" in order to use cydia, or is it just pure baloney from Instant JB on my Iphone,
    Again I never hacked an Iphone before so I am making sure >_>.

10. RyDog

Apr 26, 2015
    United States
    No, I'm pretty sure any legit softmod/jailbreak is free, since most of the time it's just hackers that do it as a hobby and don't care about money.

11. petethepug
    OP

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    I see your point their, I looked on their official YouTube channel and noticed that there was some fishy things going on, they only had two videos or so & their YouTube page looked pretty bad in comparison to the two videos.
    For future reference (if anyone is looking up how to install Cydia on your IPhone or whatever) do not trust Cydia websites that "install" apps to your iPhone. They just install a certificate to your iPhone, they do not actually install anything (or jailbreak your iphone)

I will have to install the actual application later, I don't know how well supported IOS Versions of 10.1.1 are but I am willing to wait it out for a stable release to come in the future.

12. Dionicio3

Dionicio3 Some Cool Skiddo

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
    If you need help know what jailbreaks are legit, go to /r/jailbreak