• Likes 5

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my first "portable" gamecube, i had easter money so i figured i'd use it, still a work in progress, currently working on adding the bult-in controller and a handle to better the grip, it is fully functional but the gamecube itself still needs to be plugged in , will add a battery when i get some money,Got money, got battery It has a disk drive(duh) too bulky with disk drive .wiikey, it is fully fuctional and i added a cage around it i. Fully functional adding case , controller handles for griping and holding the cage looked like crap.

Current state:(Big picture)
2012_07_26_12_17_39_612.jpg

More Pics are in my updates so look skip to the end to see the newest.

New Version:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Added a VIdeo

I sound Like an idiot Okay? That is not how I really sound! P.s that position was killing my back so its only like 2 minutes

Edit: The rest of the pics are the OLD version, I left them here as a comparision.

212simc.jpg
70b728.jpg

Finally started the controller mod, i didnt think i would ever actually do it but i didnt have much homework today and the controller was staring at me. I had a "micro" game controller lying around which was perfect , being smaller than most other controllers. Any ways heres what it looks like wired up . It was VERY tidious and annoying but it works.
2m45etx.jpg

Here I organized it and put it all together with hot glue, tonight (well really now is tonight ) I will reinforce it with some JB-Weld and then tommorow tuck in the wires . After that i will research the batteries and relax a bit with some Pokemon colleseum
2ngs7lg.jpg

even more pics are here [img=http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/11831674_2012-05-11_18-49-12.088.jpg] [img=http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/11831675_2012-05-11_18-49-19.954.jpg] [img=http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/11831676_2012-05-11_18-49-29.992.jpg] [img=http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/11831677_2012-05-11_18-49-38.546.jpg]

loco365

Trophies
XP
Pretty cool actually. One thing to keep in mind: You'll need to make the disc drive shockproof. That way, if you're mashing the A button in Melee, the disc won't jump and give a read error and prevent you from beating the game.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Pretty cool actually. One thing to keep in mind: You'll need to make the disc drive shockproof. That way, if you're mashing the A button in Brawl, the disc won't jump and give a read error and prevent you from beating the game.
You mean melee?

Nice progress. Where can I buy a sh*t cube?

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's actually pretty nice, not too polished but seems functional nonetheless.
Having fixed a few consoles in my day I can't imagine doing a portable mod(specially not the GameCube, that disk drive seems like it would be a bitch to deal with)

loco365

Trophies
XP
Pretty cool actually. One thing to keep in mind: You'll need to make the disc drive shockproof. That way, if you're mashing the A button in Brawl, the disc won't jump and give a read error and prevent you from beating the game.
You mean melee?

Whoops. Fixed.

Reactions: 1 person

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks everyone, thought i would get bashed lol ... Well i added a handle which realy helps alot, im gonna add the buttons to the handle (A,B,X,Y) then the analog stick will be on the other side of it.As for batteries IDk whats going on . Other people can run them with 2 3.7v 2400mah cells, i have those because they came from the screen i bought. The battery life would be questionable but the problem is i have a rev c mobo , which for others is great , for me its annoying because it wont work with these batteries. If anyone has any thoughts / tips for battieries i could use em

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean melee?

Not for sale right now. I need to decide eventually.lol

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
This is sweet, tom. Give it a lot of practice, and maybe I'll pay for a commission from you. ^.^

I love the portable console scene. everything is so incredible, regardless how "bad" it is.

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, i figure i have time to get better, anyways heres an update. I JUST finished the controller mod now, i went through 3 controllers and now i am using a nintendo controller because the micro stopped working.And in the process i broke the only "nice" piece of the system, the acrylic . I cut a third piece after i broke the first two drilling holes so i didn't bother filing the corners down. I guess next i will be working on a clear plexiglass case because the white acrylic was expensive.

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, is that The Simpsons: Hit and Run sitting in the disc drive in the top picture? :lol:
Yes it is :) i got it just for this GC I love it but i bought it cheap used off of amazon and it wasn't tested properly so i get a disk read error sometimes.

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The controller flat out stopped working. Even the parts I didn't touch ,the dpad doesn't work either could use some help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1