• Views 28,013
  • Replies 262
  • Likes 5

I-Fatman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice work, looking forward to see it in action (record a video) when it's done. :D
Makes me wanna do a portable SNES and play Chrono Trigger 'n' stuff.

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like it stops working everytime I sy it's working so I won't say that , but I cleaned up some flux and wink wink

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heres an update, Ran out of controllers to use as they all break, the last one I used was a Nintendo made one which has the paint making it a pain in the ass. I am currently working on a case made out of clear plexiglass .

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seriously came in here expecting a thread to bash/mock the game cube or even mock the portable GCs that are out there, but I am surprised!

Obviously the end result will look better, but that is some nice progress you have going on. How much are you expecting the project to cost by time you are done?

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks for the interest . Everything so far cost about $120 , that includes the plexiglass but I spent about 30 dollars on just games :) . I plan on spending maybe another 20 bux tops. Heres some pics of the semi finished case. Keep in mind, I have no dremel I cut this all with a chopsaw and was surprised it even came out that good: [img=http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/11831674_2012-05-11_18-49-12.088.jpg] [img=http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/11831675_2012-05-11_18-49-19.954.jpg] [img=http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/11831676_2012-05-11_18-49-29.992.jpg] [img=http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/11831677_2012-05-11_18-49-38.546.jpg]

Yes I did move the game controller ports, I felt it was better there and put less strain on the ribbon cable that connected it.

I don't know when it will be completely finished. I won't be buying anymore parts until the 31st because I have no money . That said I may not work on it until school is over sometime in June because I plan on getting a 3d printer kit around june first so all my attention will go to that so that I may even use it on the shit cube.

Reactions: 1 person

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey sorry i've been inactive for a while, I didnt know my pass and was too lazy to check my email, i got motivated and did some stuff. Redesigned the case, to have a removable top , be stronger and look better( that last part was a failure btw). I also ordered a battery for the gamecube part, its coming tommorrow , wont get into til monday . I am also thinking of intergrated my new Raspberry Pi computer just cuz.

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MEGA UPDATE : Completely redesigned (mostly) case. Slapped on a battery which only gives 2 hours of gameplay but hey its a battery. Also integrated a controller, added another handle and redid the other handle. I then proceeded to wrap the handle it black tape to make it look better. Also received some new games. SUper smash bros and zelda twilight princess. ALmost done i guess?

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As promised heres some new pictures, don't make fun of me. That is my little sisters doll house in the backround. XD

20uv6le.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The huge green thing is the crappy battery

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but not for a while, camera batt just died, charging it. The screen is 7 in, the battery adds another pound maybe more, its not something you can play while walking ;) .

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Pretty cool looking but could do with some extra, simple miniaturisation (hard soldering in the controller for example). Any idea how you're going to encase this entire thing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ