• Likes 5

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'd buy a gamecube soon if I were you, Your going to need the security bit to open the case (just a special screwdriver bit) . If you plan on using batteries you may want a rev a or rev b mobo If you have a choice, those you can power with 5v , I have a rev c which has less wiring but I have to use 12v batteries. The rev c has the power converter built in , while A and B have a seperate PCB for the converter, which makes it less portable. So all in all , If you dont feel like alittle extra soldering try for a a or b , get a c If you don't want to solder much and keep it portable. If your going to use a Disc drive , Ill post some pictures of what I figured out, I got the drive down to about 1-1 1/2 inches. Do you know what screen you are going to use?

Reactions: 1 person

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bracket_pi.jpg

Heres a pic of the bracket I designed, Its going to be mounted on the case (thats what the hole is for) I'm gonna design a 5mm peg that gets mounted on the screens case . The peg will slide into the bracket So the case will be removable.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I'm buying a refurbished GameCube from GameStop...
Not sure what revision it is.

http://www.gamestop.com/gc/consoles/gamecube-system-gamestop-refurbished/36647

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm buying a refurbished GameCube from GameStop...
Not sure what revision it is.

http://www.gamestop....furbished/36647
Theres no way to tell then , just wait til you get it , the way to tell its the rev c's have 2 pcbs, one for the controller and the main one, rev a+b have three, controller , main and power regulator. Rev c's are the last revisions made.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Thanks for the info, but as it turns out my friend has an old GameCube lying around he was planning on selling... So I'll be getting it soon.
I hope it's an earlier revision!

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOrking on the controller, I mounted and wired the joystick and D-pad but when I run the game it acts as if I'm holding the joystick down, Idk what's going on . Any Ideas?

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got some dimensions, Looks like It's gonna be just under 9in long, 6 wide and just under 3in tall. I'm considering that a major improvement from the 12 x 8 x 6 cube

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been WOrking all day on this thing, friday-monday I will be away so thats the main reason. Almost done with the case just need to put 3 more hols in it. Battery did not like getting ripped off of the hot glue, broke the pcb in the process, so i had to fix that. Did not order the wiikey yet , looks like its gonna be another $20 for the wiikey breakout board and then I still need a wiikey. So I am gonna wait until I sell some GC games. (Talking to shadowsoilder about some)http://gbatemp.net/topic/331397-wts-gamecube-games/ Collesuem is still availible and I have Kirby airride for sale too(didn't post it on the thread). Currently soldering some wires from the disc drive port for the breakout board . Also did some sanding on the case and put it together. One last thing I did was find a work around for the joystick problem . Guess I'll Have more pics after I finish soldering.

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I lied a little on my progress , removed a mem card slot and the disk drive port . Cut a slot in the heat sink for the power port and ran the wires. anyway Here ya go :

Reactions: 1 person

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got up early today (10AM!) started wiring the daughter board setup. I lost the orange LED in the process so i stole a red one from a ps2 controller, I am so glad I did It looks way better. Aparently I wired the battery wrong so instead of charging all night...... it was shorting out all night. So I fixed that and added a LED to show when its charging.

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... it doesn't even do that right now still waiting on a wii key and my dd is shot so it only boots then gets an error from having no disk drive

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have like 2 Gamecubes I don't use/have the cables for. One is taken apart, the other has a damaged casing but still works. If I ever get that printer I need in, and you're willing to pay shipping I can send them both to you for free. I'd like to see the finished product.

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks I might need one , need to get some money for the break out board for a wiikey first . Definitely interested though.

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow trying to find wiikey in the us ... not looking good. I can get one from Canada but that'll take forever and is a last resort,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4