TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow trying to find wiikey in the us ... not looking good. I can get one from Canada but that'll take forever and is a last resort,
I have what may be a knock off wii key that I picked up earlier this year, but I have no need for it, and no idea if it works. I'm willing to give it to you if you want. Think of it as a small gift to the project. :-)

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow trying to find wiikey in the us ... not looking good. I can get one from Canada but that'll take forever and is a last resort,
I have what may be a knock off wii key that I picked up earlier this year, but I have no need for it, and no idea if it works. I'm willing to give it to you if you want. Think of it as a small gift to the project. :-)
Wow thanks is it a fusion? As my dd port is no more

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what you mean... it looks like a white memory card, but has an SD slot on the front. and the words "wii key" are etched into the plastic (can't remember if it says "fusion" or not). It's packed away right now (I'm moving), but I'll post a picture as soon as I can.

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm doesn't really sound like the modchip but I could use it probably, Tested my case and it went from plenty of space to very tight , now I need to redo all the slots :(. WIred the controller ports, went ahead and did two ports since it was really only 4 more wires. My buttons didn't arrive and today was the latest they would come, so I'm convinced their lost some where in usps. Ended up desoldering the 32 wires I soldered for the wiikey because they were in the way for the gamecube ports. will resolder when I get one. I made a video in my , "work shop" on everything. Uploading now will post a link later.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what you mean... it looks like a white memory card, but has an SD slot on the front. and the words "wii key" are etched into the plastic (can't remember if it says "fusion" or not). It's packed away right now (I'm moving), but I'll post a picture as soon as I can.

That's an SD Gecko. Something like this. http://www.dealextreme.com/p/wiikey-sd-card-adapter-for-wii-3993

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's an SD Gecko. Something like this. http://www.dealextre...er-for-wii-3993
Actually, yes! I can't believe I got that so mixed up! Thanks. And sorry about that, Tom.

I mean, it is labeled "Wiikey SD Card Adapter", which is a little ambiguous when compared to something like "SD Card Adapter for Wiikey"; I can see where one could make that mistake :P

Edit - it still could be of some use to OP. I looked at the entire thread, and I'm not sure if he's doing it, but if he included both memcard ports, he could use this and Swiss to load isos. I've never looked into GC SD loading or homebrew, so I'm not sure what it would take to get it to use that in the first place. But do that and you could cut out the DVD drive with pretty good (meaning not perfect) compatibility.

Reactions: 1 person

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
y
That's an SD Gecko. Something like this. http://www.dealextre...er-for-wii-3993
Actually, yes! I can't believe I got that so mixed up! Thanks. And sorry about that, Tom.

I mean, it is labeled "Wiikey SD Card Adapter", which is a little ambiguous when compared to something like "SD Card Adapter for Wiikey"; I can see where one could make that mistake :P

Edit - it still could be of some use to OP. I looked at the entire thread, and I'm not sure if he's doing it, but if he included both memcard ports, he could use this and Swiss to load isos. I've never looked into GC SD loading or homebrew, so I'm not sure what it would take to get it to use that in the first place. But do that and you could cut out the DVD drive with pretty good (meaning not perfect) compatibility.
Swiss is for the wii to load GC homebrew

yay finally working

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like I can install a xeno on the dd which doesn't help now that I took off my dd port :( Devin are either of those Gamecubes Rev c's? They would say dol -101 on the bottom I think and the mainboard would say rev c.Debating on which chip. Gonna sell my Zelda OT 3ds game to get some money

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found a way to get shoulder buttons working on this revision, can't really do much except re-redo my case. I made a list of things I needed.

- Wiikey Fusion
-Breakout board
- Momentary on buttons (ordered but haven't recieved)

Once I get the buttons I can finish my case so all I would need to do is to install the wiikey.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One is;

DOL-001

The other is;

DOL-101.

Edit: Uh issue. My sister, for some strange reason started picking off bit of the DOL-101 one. :/

gallery_193826_461_275591.jpg

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok If I decide on a xenogc I can just replace that part. Still trying to decide between a wiikey or having watchman ship me that sd loader and use a xenogc, That said the xeno needs the dd pcb and I don't think theres room for it . Going on vacation in a few hours, I'll see what I can get done. Weather looks like is gonna cut it short so There's a chance I'll be back sunday .

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found awiikey finally ordering today. Need to do something to get another $20 for the breakout board.. ebay here I come.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    halllo
  • Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit:
    hello, anyone is able to create cheat patches for cemu? i have a simple request if anyone can help
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Rest in piece. Hope she rests well, she'll always love you too. :sad:
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, Rest in piece. Hope she rests well, she'll always love you too. :sad: