Hacking Introducing LetterBomb: The NEW Gameless Wii Exploit!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sylar1 said:
Also, i found this

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/19/how-to-p...ive-in-america/

Can i follow that and just use put downloaded games on the USB Drive instead of ripping the game to it?
yes, you can follow that.
If your drive is NTFS then it's fine.
If it's FAT32, you'll have to split the files at 4GB using WiiBackupManager (or any other manager to write & split files to FAT32 in .wbfs format).

I've read some comments, users says Joystick shouldn't help pirating by installing USBloaders, and HBC+GeckoOS+retail imported disc would have been enough.
Well, letterBomb+GeckoOS alone would have been enough, no need of HBC at all and their Wii would be clean and the tutorial wayyy shorter and simpler than installing cIOSes
tongue.gif

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
onenessboy said:
Hi xflak,

Extraordinary effort.. thanks first..

I have one small doubt..

I have downloaded all 'copy to sd' via your modmii for windows program..

Now i got ready to install via letter bomb exploit .

Now my questions is when i clicked letterbom it shows me two options

1. Install Homebrew
2 Boot mii..

Now I installed homebrew....

whehter i need to install that boot mii or should i just i jump to 2nd step (MAKING NAND BACKUP) of generated guide (modmii) ?

Please confirm.

to make the nand backup you will have to install bootmii

bootmii is what backs up the nand

onenessboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

i am again in confusion, somebody else advised me to skip bootmii in letter bomb screen...
and proceed with nand backup (stp 2) of guide generated...

please let me know whether I need to install Bootmii from letter bomb screen...

Please confirm

xflak please confirm..

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
onenessboy said:
Hi,

i am again in confusion, somebody else advised me to skip bootmii in letter bomb screen...
and proceed with nand backup (stp 2) of guide generated...

please let me know whether I need to install Bootmii from letter bomb screen...

Please confirm

xflak please confirm..
the LetterBomb exploit replaces the game based exploit in the Modmii guide...either of them will allow you to launch the hackmii installer. it's at this point in the modmii guide you need to start following. frm the hackmii installer (this is NOT the LetterBomb screen--there is no LetterBomb screen), install HBC and Bootmii and make NAND backup....then proceed down the guide to the end.

EDIT: i read your other thread (was this post even necessary??)...no one told you to skip the NAND backup FYI... it was said "it's the most important part of the guide" and "you CAN skip it if [you're dumb]" ...is English your primary language? maybe people would be more forgiving if you displayed a different nationality flag....

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
Sylar1 said:
Also, i found this

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/19/how-to-p...ive-in-america/

Can i follow that and just use put downloaded games on the USB Drive instead of ripping the game to it?
yes, you can follow that.
If your drive is NTFS then it's fine.
If it's FAT32, you'll have to split the files at 4GB using WiiBackupManager (or any other manager to write & split files to FAT32 in .wbfs format).

I've read some comments, users says Joystick shouldn't help pirating by installing USBloaders, and HBC+GeckoOS+retail imported disc would have been enough.
Well, letterBomb+GeckoOS alone would have been enough, no need of HBC at all and their Wii would be clean and the tutorial wayyy shorter and simpler than installing cIOSes
tongue.gif

Is it because Fat32 can only read files under 4 GB's or something? No More Heroes 2 is like 3.2 GB's, could i just put that on a Fat 32 flashdrive and use it as is?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
All .iso files are 4.7GB, even if the game is only 400MB (mario galaxy for example) the iso is full of garbage.
That randomly filled data can be erased (scrubbed) from the iso, the data are replaced with many 0 or F (I don't remember) to be able to compress it efficiently with Winrar, but it's used only as archive purpose because once extracted it's still 4.7GB

So you can't just place your 3.2GB game on fat32, you need to use a program which will convert the game to .wbfs (it will copy only the real game data and create a file which is 3.2GB).
The one which is used the most on windows is currently WiiBackupManager. there's a thread in the hacking or backuploader forum.

Note that it's possible to create fully scrubbed iso (3.2GB .iso), it's made with WiiScrubber and it remove and recreate an iso without the dummy garbages. these format is usually not provided on the net, it's either fhe full iso or a .cios (custom iso, not compatible with loaders), or .wbfs (same as custom iso but with the WBFS header ready to play on backup loaders).

In all cases, you better use WiiBackupManager to transfer your games to your external HDD as it will check the iso, rename it and place it in the correct folder for you.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I'm trying to softmod a new black wii with Letterbomb and I cannot find the bomb in the mailbox.

Black Wii
SM4.3U

I've tried using a transcend micro sd 4 GB, Sandisk SD 2GB, micro kingston sd 2 GB

Also does it matter that when sticking in my mac address for letterbomb that all the letters are UPPERCASE?

EDIT: For what ever reason my wii my showing up on 7/31 not 8/31 but it worked thank you and please disregard this message.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I'm gonna call pics or it didn't happen.
Well thanks for the support; I also constitute that as being called a liar which I am strongly against and I will leave that as is.... At any rate believe what you want but yes my calendar was on July and not Aug and I did go through 3 sd cards till I got this one.

Note: I'm not one to think outside the box cause I prefer and excel in an controlled environment, however I am one who prefers knowledge over a situation so I can control an environment. I am both simple and complex. I believe in logic over emotion.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wheres the zip you downloaded from hackmii.com? check the timestamp in the file(s) against the folder structure.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
But wouldn't you prefer to know the how and why? Otherwise you're letting chaos and chance run wild in your controlled environment!

+1

Being that this is a "community", when we solve a problem we like to make the how and why known so we can prevent it from being an issue for others.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it was a calendar issue all I had to do was go forward one month I did not realize the month was different and that was my own fault. I just got the Wii yesterday so didn't pay much attention. I even went in and changed the date and time though I thought I changed it correctly; I may have just overlooked one key aspect and that was it being Aug. not July. I think it's safe to say no matter what your calendar says on your wii "letterbomb" may/should always show up on the most recent date it was made on the PC. As I stated "I'm not one to think outside the box".

I was actually looking for some quick advice seeing as most of my time working on any Wii is done @night my mornings are rather busy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1